iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

walnut Tree anyone?

Started by woodhick, December 22, 2005, 06:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhick

thought someone here might be interested. It''s jsut too far for me to go get, and I would hate to mortgage my house to buy it :o :o  Wonder what some people are thinking?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-WALNUT-TREE-for-lumber-living-tree-you-cut_W0QQitemZ8243814165QQcategoryZ48316QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

crtreedude

Perhaps they have Blackbeards Treasure hid in there...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Frank_Pender

Someone needs to get them directed to a reality check, that is not negotiatble at any bank. ;D
Frank Pender

ARKANSAWYER

Rich man! Rich Man! I am now a rich man!   Just today I brought home 5 walnut trees larger then that one out of the forest.   Now I am going to be a rich man 'cause I only paid $100 a tree.  Yep! I will be able to pay my land off now for sure. ;D
ARKANSAWYER

WH_Conley

WOW, I'm rich, can't wait to cash in, only gave 150k for this place and can sell over 400k in walnut alone. Boy weren't I dumb, carrying a mortage all these years :-\
Bill

farmerdoug

I have one on the farm around that size.  For 30,000 dollars I will cut it and deliver it in the US. 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

oldsaw

I think they need to know the difference between circumference and diameter....and get a clue too...if possible.

From the picture it looks like a 12" log about 8-10 feet long.  That's some expensive walnut.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

getoverit

WOW !

I have one already cut down and waiting patiently for my Peterson 10" ASM to get here from New Zealand, and at least 2 more in the yard...

I'll Mill the one I got cut down and deliver the wood anywhere in the US for 30K

any takers?
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

farmerdoug

Oldsaw,  I was thinking the same thing. ??? 

I wondering what a large oak would be worh?  $10,000 maybe? ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Fla._Deadheader

According to the location, Y'all are overlooking the big bucks for cashin in all that steel and Iron that will be produced by that tree.  ::) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Mike_Barcaskey

from the looks of the picture, I'd only charge them about $1200 to take it down, $250 more to grind the stump
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Daren

If the tree is 40'-50' the log can't be over 8' from the picture, makes you want to just go over and slap the guy. I tried like heck to find it tonight, cause I wanted to ad it here. My wife called and told me about it today while in the truck, they were talking about it on the radio station she was listening to. A lady had the Virgin Mary image in her cat litter box and was selling it on E-bay, the price was $5. You got a guy who didn't want to pay a tree service $1200 to drop the tree and not hit the buildings completely surrounding it, so he thinks he can sell it for $30k. You have a lady to lazy to clean the litter box so she is selling the poo.
I will find that auction and add the number.
Mike you posted while I was typing, I hit preview and saw yours. The $1200 was my number too, I guess I wasn't too far off.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

maple flats

There must be a 24 ct gold railroad spike in this one so you get 2 huge values in one!
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Mike_Barcaskey

Daren, great minds..........................

Buildings, wires, a fence
no access with any equipment, everything needs dragged out

on second thought, I just might offer them $500 for that first butt log, and only that
just for the fun of dropping it on their building, taking out the neighbor's wires and pulling the butt log out with a longgggggggggg winch cable around a few corners   ;D
I
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

crtreedude

Well, the bidding is over - I missed out on another great deal...  :-\  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

woodhick

What! bidding is over, Oh NO  I missed another "Good"  deal. ;D
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Modat22

remember man that thy are dust.

farmerdoug

Maybe those Christmas cds have inflated all of the prices on eBay. :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

pigman

Quote from: farmerdoug on December 23, 2005, 08:56:57 AM
Maybe those Christmas cds have inflated all of the prices on eBay. :D :D

Farmerdoug
Whata you mean. I would rather have a good CD than that there metal ladden walnut yard tree any day. You are just jealous cause I got one of those good CD's. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

GF

I just cut down 7 (around 20") trees from a guy that gave them to me, he was tired of the mess and was going to make firewood out of them.   If that tree is 24" and you get a 8' log out of it, that would be 205bdft on International, $30,000 divided by 204 is $146 per bdft, DanG I missed out on a good deal to. smiley_alcoholic_01

iain

I'm wondering if this dude told his neighbours what he was going to get for the tree, or if he just canceled the order for the new truck ;D

iain ( you can have Linda along with a tree for 30k)

Engineer

Oh, y'all missed the fine print?  He was offering a brand new WoodMizer LT 40 Super AND a new Husky 385Xp chainsaw as part of the deal.   ;D  Plus free delivery anywhere in the USA (the mill and saw, not the tree). 

That's the kind of auction where you just want to stand in front of the guy look at him and break out in hysterical laughter, and then just walk away.

Phorester

I see the auction has ended with 0 bids. 

Probably what every local walnut buyer also told him, and I expect some not very nicely.

ARKANSAWYER

:'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(  Poor again! Poor again!  Story of my life.  Just when I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel I hear the train horn.   Guess I better go buy a lottery ticket if I want to get rich.
ARKANSAWYER

Max sawdust

Wow that was DanG nuts ;D
I was holden my breath seeing if someone was a going to bid ;D ;D
Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!