iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a safe place to live .......

Started by VA-Sawyer, December 22, 2005, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA-Sawyer

According to the Discovery Channel it is only a matter of time till an earthquake in the Canary Islands causes half of a mountian to slide into the Atlantic Ocean and cause a 2000' wave to hit the east coast of the US.  A large quake in the Pacific will do the same thing to the Northwest US. California will eventually seperate from the mainland causing Vegas to become beachfront property. The central US is going to be buried under a lot of ash when Yellowstone blows up into a 'super valcano'.  They also have to worry about the 'superquake' at New Madrid. Killer Bees are going to take over the South in the next decade or so. We are entering into a period of intense hurricane activity for the next few years.   
If all that wasn't bad enough, it turns out that there are these huge rocks in space that could hit the earth at almost anytime and wipe out mankind. 
In light of all the impending disaster, can anybody tell me why I'm so worried about the salt air here in eastern Virginia rusting the bottom of my sawmill ?

getoverit

rust? I thought global warming was what everybody was worried about.... ::)

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

crtreedude

We are worried about an invasion of tourist...

So, how did I end up here anyway?

DanG

Take care of that rust problem right away....undercoat it if you have to!  When the archeologists from another galaxy find it in 3 million years, we don't want them thinking we're a bunch of slobs! :-[
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

I only worry about the important things that I have control over, like what am I going to have for lunch? ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

getoverit

Y'all had me all worried that it was going to warm up from the 28F it was here in Florida this morning..... now I gotta worry that a rock is going to cause Florida to flood and cool off??

::) ::) ::)

PS: I'm with PigMan.... whats for lunch??
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

maple flats

Some of these "scientists" are just doom and gloom. I take one day at a time and don't get real bothered by these predictions. The huge majority never come to pass and it does no good to worry. Enjoy the day. Look forward to each tomorrow and have a very merry Christmas. We must dream about the future, those who stop dreaming are already dead. We can make dreams come true if we work at it.    smiley_christmas smiley_christmas smiley_christmas Merry Christmas to all and Happy new year  smiley_christmas smiley_christmas smiley_christmas
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Part_Timer

I'm more worried about why the county zoning man  is snooping around my log yard.  ;D   Maybe a comet  will fall on his head :)  :)  :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

crtreedude

I always thought the Discovery channel was Horror Movie for Geeks - it seems to fit. Just like the History channel at times can turn into the Hitler Channel.

I do believe at times they are stuck in a rut.

Just had lunch, it was good!

rbjones03

Since a Peterson is all stainless steel and Aluminum I don't have to worry about rust but the aliens will be scratching their head trying to figure out how we ever made the thing fly with out any wings.
:D :D :D :D :D
Peterson WPF 8 HI-LO Large Frame

Murf

This type of scare reminds me about a former neighbour I had, he read some story about how 90% of all accidents happen within 10 miles of home.

This was apparently too dangerous a place to live, so packed up his whole family and moved away.  ;)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

crtreedude

And he is still moving from place to place, each one just as dangerous as the last...

VA-Sawyer

It appears that I left a few disasters out of my list. Global warming and Alien Invasion have been already suggested. A HUGE problem in the future, is that in only a few Billion years the sun will run out of fuel. I wonder if any of those guys realize that earth will run out of fuel long before that?
I can't believe I left those off the list.... see how distracted I am about the rust ?
Maybe the global warming will get things warm enough so I can paint my mill outdoors before it gets much worse.

Lud

You know , if some enterprising fellow who had a forum full of sawyers was to propose that they start saving their slabwood for a few billion years then there'd be enough fuel for the Sun to keep running for a while, wouldn't there!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thedeeredude

QuoteCalifornia will eventually seperate from the mainland causing Vegas to become beachfront property.

Hip hip huzzah, hip hip huzzah, hip hip huzzah :D :D :D
Apologies to any of the folks on here from California, but that place is just out there in space. ;D

iain

Quote from: getoverit on December 22, 2005, 12:40:28 PM
Y'all had me all worried that it was going to warm up from the 28F it was here in Florida this morning..... now I gotta worry that a rock is going to cause Florida to flood and cool off??

::) ::) ::)

PS: I'm with PigMan.... whats for lunch??

tuna mayo with salllad, and it was lovely

iain

Thank You Sponsors!