iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello Folks

Started by Woodwalker, December 20, 2005, 10:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwalker

Found this site a few weeks back. Been lurking about, figured it was time to say hello. I have found some useful information (and a small amount of bull) posted on this site. Looks to be a good place to visit once and a while.
I just bought a second hand band mill, (four-post manual, 29" throat, 25' track, and 25hP engine. Log-Master built in Nacogdoches Texas.) At present, raise and lower of the head and forward and reverse is by way of hand cranks and roller chains. Up and down is not to bad. However, forward and reverse will wear you out. So I figure both hand cranks are going to go away. I've got a couple of electric motors and a plan to install them. Just don't know when I'll find the time.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Tom

Welcome to the forum, Woodwalker.

It'll be nice having a Log-master aboard.

Fla._Deadheader

Welcome Woodwalker. Stick around and enjoy the place  ;) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Daren

If you only found a small amount of bull you didn't do your research there is plenty here, and 100X that much good stuff too ( I am counting some of the bull as good stuff, cause it is )
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

little-guy

welcome woodwalker,i think you will enjoy this place ....its great when you can have some fun with these guys and still learn something (thats coming from another newbie)..
Cec..
you gotta be happy playing with your toys ..mine are ..norwood lumberlite 24 ,743 bobcat and 1950 John Deere 4010 crawler

jerry-m

Hey Woodwalker, Welcome aboard...  Cool Handle.

What town is Pine Valley close too ???  I am aware of Pine Hill and Long Branch... Long Branch is a ghost town that looks like somewhere you would expect to see Bonny and Clyde 1930's... Haven't been there in years, bet it is still the same, all those old stores all boarded up... Great place to metal detect... Are you anywhere close to there ???

Jerry

Jerry

etat

QuoteI have found some useful information (and a small amount of bull) posted on this site

I've  got to agree.  Sometimes though along with all kinds of good information there's a WHOLE lot of bull around here.  Some of it sure makes some good eating !

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fred

That makes me hungry !
                 Fred
                                 Welcome woodwalker No BULL !! :)
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

fstedy

WELCOME ABOARD
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

solodan

And you'll learn way more about food on this forum than could have imagined.

Welcome Woodwalker

Don K

Welcome Woodwalker!!   ;D ;D                         Be careful, you might get addicted to this place. :D :D :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Kirk_Allen

Pull up a chair and stay for a spell. Odds are it wont be long and your home page will be the Foresry Forum ;D

Welcome aboard !

Modat22

A big howdy from Irvington KY. Start learning how to post pictures WE love pictures !!
remember man that thy are dust.

Frank_Pender

And a nice big welcome from the Left Coast. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

thecfarm

And a nice big welcome from the Right Coast.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tnlogger

welcome woodwalker  pull up a stump and sit awhile cause we sure do grow on ya  8) 8)
gene

Texas Ranger

WoodWalker, if that Pine Valley is in San Jacinto County, we be neighbors.

Just looked at your email address, yep, we are neighbors.  Welcome aboard.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Woodwalker

Thanks for the welcome everybody. This is a nice site. (bull included)
Daren, I did  look around, think I can put up with this crowd, and I hope to learn a few things here. 
Jerry-m & Texas Ranger, I'm in the middle of the Sam Houston National Forest, bout half way between Coldspring and New Waverly. Been here in these woods all my life.
Careful about the kinfolk,  jerry, Clyde was my Dad's 1st cousin.
The handle comes from my profession; I use to make my living climbing poles (electrical lineman). Now I sit behind a desk, getting lazy and fat. Sad ain't it?
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Texas Ranger

Woodwalker, back in the sixties and seventies I was the Texas Forest Service District Forester for San Jac, we had some sort of set up in Pine Valley, experiment or somthing, used to have to have a crew go over and mow everynow and then.

I recognize your family name, have met a few, may have met you, but cannot recall.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

tmullen

Welcome
I am pretty new here too, But pay attention some of these folks know what they are talking about most of the time he he :D :D
just kidding you guys and gals have been great
when in doubt
fire out

IL Bull

Welcome from the center.  This is a great forum!!!
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Lud

Welcome uh-board.   You'll develop a taste for this site.. and you may develop a taste for GRITZS! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Fla._Deadheader

Speaking of Gritzs, I have one convert in Costa Rica, already. 2 seperate mornings and all I get is Uuummmmmmmmmmmmm.  Muy Bien.  ;D ;D ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

tnlogger

see Harold ya done missed your calling      un peace keeper  spread the GritS son  :D :D :D :D
gene

Thank You Sponsors!