iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sick minds

Started by maple flats, December 20, 2005, 09:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

Tonight I went to Walmart to do some last minute shopping. After getting what I wanted to get I went back to the sporting goods dept to "check things out". I looked at rows of marked down items in several catagories. Then I looked at some gloves for myself, they had some rather nice looking leather gloves, insulated and These are the kind I like for work gloves. They are deer hide and were labeled shooting gloves. They are good where you need to be able to feel something thru the work glove. So I tried some on to find a couple of pair that fit. THAT IS WHEN IT HAPPENED, as I put my hand in one of the gloves I found the razor blade some idiot thought should be hidden in the glove. I got a fairly deep cut on one finger. It puzzles me how some people can be so stupid as to want to put a razor blade in a glove. Too bad they didn't cut themselves across the wrist trying to put the blade in there. These are just stupid random acts and they have no idea who or when someone will get cut or how badly cut either. How can anyone get any enjoyment out of doing anything like this? Or could it be a sicko who is against anyone having a gun and these were labeled shooting gloves so they planted a razor blade to get someone who does enjoy shooting and hunting? Is that far fetched?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Tom

What did the store say?   I would hope that they got a metal detector and looked for more razors.

Burlkraft

It takes all kinds to make a world. Too bad you were unfortunate enough to fall victim to his little prank. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

My brother is kind of like that. Just out of the blue sometimes......He'll start talkin' about stuff that we have done that Jill would not approve of.......Like it wuz yesterday :o :o :o :o Then no matter how much talkin' I do she will be after me for days about it >:( >:( >:(  He likes to see me suffer :'( :'( :'(

I hope you get all healed up there Maple Flats.............
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dail_h

Or maybe a gun to look for the whaco,but in Walmart----- never mind
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

etat

I went into Walmart today.  I was waiting for my wife to come through the check out and a lady came up to me and asked me if I would watch her buggy while she went to the bathroom.  Of course i said yes.  These goods were already sacked up and paid for and I was glad to watch them for her.  When she came back she thanked me and one of the clerks there heard us talking.  That clerk came up and said that a couple of times in the last week people had left buggy's there with NO one watching and when they came back they would be gone.  Well, this lady didn't know me from Adam but I Promise you she  didn't have anything to worry about.   :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

swampy

They should tie up people that do things like this to the express line check out pole and have all the customers that go thru and smack this goof across the face with one of them gloves for the whole day(with or without the razor blades in them). Ed
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

maple flats

Thanks Burlcraft, I'll heal and usually do fairly quickly. I would like the guilty person get caught and sentenced to 100 hours of tailing my mill to pay for his crime. I think that would be justice but they are most likely the type of individual that I would rather not know where my mill is. I would need to work out some complicated logistics on a custom sawing job at the customers place and have the guilty one meet me there blindfolded in the back seat of a sheriff's car. My son-in-law happens to be a detective in the sheriff's dept. Maybe he could work it out.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Skytramp

I managed a night club for four years back in my younger days and they are some really sick people out there, The drunks were bad enough, but the person that did this is probably sober and mean, sick mind to boot.  If it was did in the store there is probably a camera that caught it on tape, may have been done by a disgruntled employee either in glove factory or wm.
     The wound will heal but you will never be able to stick your hand in another glove without thinking first.  I have had a couple of things happen sorta like that, nothing as severe but I am always cautious.  The thing is a person shouldn't have to be on guard.  If I know W M they will not take it too seriously if you don't force the issue.  I think I would have my Lawyer send them a letter and let their mind work overtime for a while.
     There used to be an old man that was always doing something to aggrivate someone.  If you got behind him he would drive on the shoulder at gravel road intersections to try and throw a rock back at you, speed up if you passed etc.  Those are the kind of people that do things like that.
     They are not happy in their own lives and want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.

One of our Daughters sells pharmicuticals and visits a lot of DR. Offices in the Little Rock Area.  One day as she was leaving a Guy broke her drivers side window with a rock, came in on her and stole her rings, credit cards and money, was trying to get car in gear to take her to an ATM , She managed to escape.  Her husband at the time was a Detective.  They put out an APB and he was captured soon after, Apparently he put up some resistance as he had to be taken to the hospital before being jailed.  Not a good idea to rob a cops wife in Little Rock AR.
SkyTramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

asy

Maple, what did the shop say???

I'd be really interested in how they reacted.

Hope it heals soon, and hope the razor was clean :(

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Faron

I'm guessing you are on the right track thinking it is the work of some anti-gun wacko.  If so, it is a minor act of domestic terrorism.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

crtreedude

When we came back to the USA for a short trip back in October it really weirded me out for a bit.  One thing really got to me.

Here the bathrooms maybe old - but they are clean, and there are no foul words and sayings written on the walls - until you get into the tourist areas. It don't know if it is common in other parts of the world to expose your crudity on the bathroom walls - but it isn't here.

Also the fact that Halloween isn't safe and you have to deal with what Maple Flats experienced makes me wonder what the future will look like.

Honestly, I think it came because when they took God out of the schools - they decided to not emphasis morals at all. It is only a few - but there are kids who got no training at home, and now they don't get any at school either.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

thedeeredude

Now, thats Christmas spirit walmart style.  I won't shop at our walmart, not because of a grudge against the store, but the people that shop there are pigs, thieves, etcetc.  I'm no expert but don't you want to get tested for some kind of bloodborne disease now?  I hope you make out ok. 

Modat22

Evil people are also sticking razor blades in shoes and kids shoes.

You can't assume anything to be safe anymore, the moment you let your guard down you or someone you know will be hurt by someone's vile intentions.
remember man that thy are dust.

Radar67

Quote from: crtreedude on December 21, 2005, 07:05:49 AM
Honestly, I think it came because when they took God out of the schools - they decided to not emphasis morals at all. It is only a few - but there are kids who got no training at home, and now they don't get any at school either.

I have to agree with you 100% on this. My wife and I thought long and hard about public vs private school for our daughters just for this reason. We ended up home schooling and have been for the past 9 years. As you said, many kids get no training at home. I think the parents either don't care, or they are so busy trying to make a living that they don't have time. I'm a firm believer in making time for your kids. I made my heart skip a beat reading MSU_Kieth's post about his daughter. Good on ya!!

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

maple flats

Thanks everyone. I talked to the store asst. mgr and told him that I wanted the public to be warned. I will see what comes of it. If I see no action real soon I will pursue it further.
I also thought about the blood tests. I have an appt at the DR's on 12/27. Will go from there.

Kirk_Allen

Send the Dr. bill to WM. 

rebocardo

I would file a police report to encourage the Walmart to look at tapes and such. They had to leave their face on a video somewhere.

Maybe it was a P E T A nut that hated deer skin gloves?

Except for tetanus, I would not worry about blood borne diseases too much, most would not survive on a metal surface if it was not already in a fresh blood pool.

asy

Quote from: rebocardo on December 21, 2005, 06:37:10 PM

Except for tetanus, I would not worry about blood borne diseases too much, most would not survive on a metal surface if it was not already in a fresh blood pool.

Sorry, Rebo, you are wrong. Dead wrong. Hepatitis can lie dormant on surfaces for AGES.

Not saying this is a problem, maple, and not meaning to scare you, but just wanted to have the correct information here.

If you would like, please have a look at this site:  OSH Site
Clinical med site

Quotes:
" HBV may survive on environmental surfaces for more than a week"  >:(

Sorry, Maple, I didn't mean this to scare you, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew.  :(

Also, you really NEED To get to your doctor as soon as possible after an injury like this, there is a serum antibody they can give you to greatly reduce the risk of hepatitis transferrance IF there was any chance of contamination in the blade.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

jon12345

What walmart was this at?  I'll remember to check things if or when I go to that one.
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Furby

Don't mean to step into anything here.......... but is there ANY chance the blade simply fell into the gloves when a clerk was changing his blades over an open box of gloves or something like that?
While there are lots of people doing really stupid and evil things..... accidents DO happen and rushing to judgment isn't any better then if you had been the one to place the blade yourself.

maple flats

It was at the WM in Oneida, NY..   Asy, thanks, but due to the work my wife and I do with the handicapped we both have already had our Hep. shots. It is provided by the State to protect those who are working in an environment where the protection should be used because of the risks. (By the way, Joan [my wife of 38+years] and I have two clients who live with us and have for over 13 years and both of them are total care. Privacy laws dictate that I go no further than that, just that it is a week long job comprised of 5- 18 hr days and 2- 24 hr days every week but it has it's rewards in the smiles you see on their faces. Before coming to live with us they spent their entire lives in an institution and they are both middle aged adults) Back to the topic, I think I am protected against everything that can be except  HIV. God will have to do that one. Joan is the one who does most while I play in the woods, with logging, sawmilling, TSI, and maple syrup. When the season is right I also have 4 1/2 acres of blueberries to try to reclaim from 15 years of neglect.  And by the way, there is always the chance that it somehow fell into the glove by a careless employee of anyone from the manufacturer to the store and that IS my hope, but I will never know most likely.

Thank You Sponsors!