iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

back from the grave

Started by Button, December 20, 2005, 07:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Button

I needed to make a quick cut on some vinyl fencing I was installing. As I reved up my 365 I noticed the one big dog had come loose. I figured I wouldn't even touch the dog so I cut the post. Just as I finished I noticed oil pouring out. I looked down and the top screw for the dog ripped out taking a dime size piece of engine case with it.  Yes I know,I'm just not the sharpest tooth on the chain. I brought it to my dealer and he said by the time I paid for the case and he swapped everything the cost would be better spent on a new saw. Down but hopeful I brought it to a freind who is a lot sharper than I . He recommended jb weld the case and weld on a little piece of angle iron to the dog, drill a hole on the opposite side and bolt it down with the muffler bolt. I did what he recommended and it has worked great so far.  It is great to know someone so smart but also a bummer finding out how stupid I can be.  The cut on the vinyl post was horrible ,I guess a chainsaw just is not a do-all tool. Enjoy the day
Peter
66 timberjack 230
394xp
365 special x 2
woodmaster
the rabbits may outrun the skidder but the saw will catch up to the tree

Thank You Sponsors!