iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm Back

Started by WV_hillbilly, December 19, 2005, 09:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Hi Yall

Excuse Me for my absence on the Forestry Forum . Contrary to popular belief I haven't sold  the mill or fallen off the earth . I have been working too many hours  for over 3 months at work .  Up at 5 a.m ,out of the house at 5:30 at work by 6:00  and back home by 6:30 P.m  on a  good day 7 days a week . . Sometimes it would be closer to 11:00 p.m . on a bad day . The sawmill has missed me too I haven't laid a hand on it since the last week in August .

I tried to get on here as much as I could  , but usually would fall asleep in no time at all  while reading posts . It should be better now . Today was my first 8  hour day and it seemed like I went home after dinner at 12:00. Now That my attention span is alittle longer maybe I'll even be able to contribute some to the posts  also or even ask some more questions .  In January it looks like I will get reaquainted with my mill again . I will saw at least one log on our anniversary January 1st . After that I have 3 custom jobs to get done . Where has that first year gone . I don't think the honeymoon is over yet . :D

WV hillbilly
Hillbilly

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

I was missing you Dan and wondered what happened to you. I'm glad to know that you were just to DanG busy workin'!  What are ya gonna do with all that extra money? ;D  Welcome Back!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Fla._Deadheader

Give it to the goobermint  ::) ??? :D :D :D

Good to see ya back, Dan.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

UNCLEBUCK

Welcome back !  What is it you were doing with such long hours like that?  You must have vanished about the same I did but you were busy working and I came down with hermatitis . :)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

fstedy

8) 8)  :D :D ;D ;D :) :) YE HA Dan's Back  :) :)  ;D ;D :D :D 8) 8)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Roxie

Hey!   ;D  We all know how that can be....you can have more (or less) time to spare.  BUT, show your face and it's like you've never been gone!  It sure IS good to see ya!   :)
Say when

EZ

Good to have ya back Dan.
EZ

woodmills1

fall asleep reading post :D did you just call us boring? :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Corley5

Welcome back 8)  Gonna be nice to be self employed for bit  eh?  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Patty

Glad to see you are back and everything is ok. Long hours can be hard on a young whipper-snapper like yourself!  ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

Welcome back to the crazier side of life, Dan!  :D

Hope you can get control of your time back and spend it how you wish  :)

Here is a little something form Carl Sandberg - I keep it posted on my board at work

Time is the coin of your life
It is the only coin you have, and only you can
determine how it is spent.
Be careful less you let other people spend it for you.

Wish it was as easy as it sounds.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WV_hillbilly

I'm really glad to be back amongst some good friends . It has been a long time but it's as if it was just yesterday .

Charlie   
i'm spendin some of it buying new toys  ( tools ) and savin some of it for bigger tools like a Logosol planer .

FDH
your right on that one . The Government ate me alive . But the bennies are pretax so it is nice on that end .

UncleBuck   
I work for an Electrical construction company as a general foreman at a Powerhouse installing a SCR and Scrubber emmision controls .   We had a 14 week outage on one unit to install boiler modifications so it burns coal cleaner . The next 3 scheduled ones are the same time requirements but only 8 weeks long .

Woodmills   
that's not what I was tryin to get across . I was just DanG tired and couldn't keep my eyes open .

Corley

Nope I will still have that pesky day job  ( can't beat the bennies) But I will get to spend alot more time doing things for myself.

Patty

it was okay for about the first 2 months then it started to drag out . The wife even commented a couple of weeks ago about  my attitude and attention span .I bought her a new big screen tv and a 8 megapixel camera , she sort a over looked it then .

OWW
I will have to post that on the wall at my desk . It says alot in just 4 short verses .

Like I said it is great to be back   8) 8)

Hillbilly

Tam-i-am

Dan

I know how that work thing can keep you from doing what you want.  I too have been gone so long that I didn't notice you were missing.  However, I had to eat my Bunyan Burger all alone at the show in Oct.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

woodmills1

and I knew you didn't mean we were boring just being my irreverent punning self. :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kirk_Allen

Im with Tammy on the lonley Bunyan Burger.  Sure missed you at the show.  We had a great time and maybe next year you can make it.

Glad to see your back. How is Mt.Jack doing.  Last message from him he said all was going well with the treatment. 

maple flats

Glad you got back Dan. Just in time for the holidays too. Merry Christmas.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

DanG

Welcome back, Dan!  I've been wondering, too.  I think about ya every time I sit down here and see my "DanG" on top of the monitor. :)

Kirk, I tossed some PMs back an forth with Mtnjack a few days ago.  He seems to be doing great! 8)   Say's his tumors have shrunk to nothing early in his chemo series and he feels very well.  The chemo isn't even bothering him!  I'm keeping him on the prayer list, but entering him on the "THANKS" side of things. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

dewwood

Dan,

Glad to hear things have slowed up a bit for you.  I hope you have some time to enjoy some of that coin you were so busy making.  I hope your wife understands the requirements employment can sometimes place upon you.   I did not get to the Paul Bunyan Show this year either, maybe we can both make it next year.

Lastly hope you and yours have a Great Holiday Season.

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

WV_hillbilly

I want to thank all my friends for thinking about my absence . It 's nice to know some people actually care .Sorry about the eatin alone .  Eating the Bunyon burger alone must have been this years theme at PB as I did too  . I did make it down there early Sunday morning and alot of folks already had pulled up stakes . I saw the aftermath of  people falling into fires , losing things and  chicken bones all over the place . How many chickens did you people eat anyways  ?  I thought someone unearthed an ancient chinken burial grounds or something .

The last time I talked to Jack things were going real good  .  Like  DanG reported .

Woodmills   When I typed that I knew it was going to be ammo but I didn't even suspect you would be the one . Ya slipped in under the radar on me .

I will try to spend the whole weekend  at Paul Bunyon next year  so I can see everyone that comes . It is a awesome display of forestry items .

On Tuesday the wife went somewhere and I got the kids off the school bus . My 5 year old looked at me and ask why I wasn't at work . She give me a stern look on her face , put her hands on her hips and said your not playing hookie are you .

I wish all my FF friends  a happy holidays and a prosperous New Year .
Hillbilly

Norm

Heck Dan there's nothing wrong with playing hookie now and then especially if it's to met the school bus. Welcome home. :)

johnjbc

Dan
Good to hear from you. Know what you mean about limited time.
Re good to hear that Mountain Jack is winning the battle. :)
Looking forward to next October. But hope no one falls in the fire or looses anything dangerous.  ::)
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Buzz-sawyer

Hillbilly
Its just as well you did not show up anyway...we only prepared 4 beer stuffed chickens, and tamiam.showed up an put a hurting on em............ ::) ;)

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

WV_hillbilly

Buzz are you sure those weren't small turkeys . Those must a been some nice sized ones judging from the bone pile .

the part  I missed most was not getting to see some good friends  at the Paul Bunyun before they went home  .
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!