iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day with Stanley

Started by Jeff, September 29, 2002, 05:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This weekend my son and I were in East Lansing for a board meeting and then at MSU for a tour of the sports facilities with the Michigan Forest Products Council. (MFPC) To end the weekend we went to the MSU versus Northwestern Big 10 football game. We watched the game from the press box. The greatest part of the trip for me, as a hockey fan, was that Lord Stanley's Cup was with us in the press box. We could admire it, read it, touch it, I even picked it up. It was heavier then I thought, but then again I am used to the aluminum foil and cardboard versions found at parties. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV_hillbilly

Jeff

That would be great to be able to admire the Stanley Cup at such a personal level . Most people can only veiw it at a distance . There are many great hockey players and coaches that have their names on it. I think it is awesome that Scotty Bowman ' s   Redwings brought it home to MI so he can retire . I have admired his coaching skills since he coached the Penguins in the early 90's. If you can't guess that is who I root for.     ;)
Hillbilly

DonT

Great pics Jeff, You do realize however that the Leafs will  be bringing, Lord Stanley's champagne glass home to Ontario this year?   DOn

Ron Scott

Nice experience, and you saw MSU win a football game. I was down there a couple weeks ago and saw Cal take them to the "cleaners". It was embarrassing, especially when I was with my son-in-law, a Cal graduate, and daughter a MSU graduate.
~Ron

Jeff

It was really cool t obe ableto be close and look it over closely. I was able to get right in there and take a few up close photos. Here is one of them. The un-optimized image is pretty readable.

Man, I hate to disappoint you DonT, but we went out and got Kujo to tend goal and we will be making another run this year. DonT give up hope, this is a new millenium and you should get a chance before its over.
 ;)

Would that have read better with a comma? "DonT, give up hope."

DonT

Jeff, I agree Cujo can,and will be the differance between winning and losing in a signifigant number of games.I thought the Leafs would be able to re-sign him.After last season I have to wonder about his durability,is Detroit planning on platooning him with someone else?The area I live in does have a small sweet spot for Detroit,as Sevie Y is from Ottawa and the local junoir division is named after him.As for Toronto,this is the time of year all leaf fans love,all the woulda's,could have's and should have's from last year are forgotten and it's forward ho to the cup.By the way I am also (was)an expo's fan.    Don

Jeff

I would imagine mannie legacy will play when curtis needs a rest. I cant imagine Detroit platooning goalies. But then again Scotty is not going to be there so who knows.

RavioliKid

Wow, Jeff!

That is something! Being from Buffalo, I grew up singing "We're gonna win that cup..."

I've been out of town for a while...You didn't see anything about the Sabres on it, did you? ;)
RavioliKid

Kevin

Looks like the security cameras got him again!  ;D
Did you really think you could just put that inside your shirt and walk out?

DanG

That don't look like no cup, to me!  I think he was just trying to make off with the beer keg and the punch bowl, at the same time. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!