iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas and Hello from a Canadian newbie

Started by little-guy, December 19, 2005, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

little-guy

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas,just wanted to introduce myself and say that you regulars on here have a wealth of information that is just great to a new sawmiller like me ...
I used to work in a big commercial mill years ago up here in B.C.,luved the smell of wood so much that have gotten back into milling as a hobby(hopefully more later),Have gotten a Norwood lumberlite 24( that I have now put a trailer frame under it)and this mill just fits nice with my 743 Bobcat that somehow got grapples made for it (ha,ha).
Like i say ..its a hobby now but hopefully I can find a little nitch for myself up here  and make it more fulltime ...
Best to everyone ....
Cec
you gotta be happy playing with your toys ..mine are ..norwood lumberlite 24 ,743 bobcat and 1950 John Deere 4010 crawler

getoverit

Welcome to the Forestry  Forum!

It's always good to have another sawyer on board and I'm sure you will find plenty of friends here, bucket loads of information, and quite a few other canuk's here too  :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

leweee

Welcome to the forum Cec. ;D

Great to see another Canuck here :) If it's about wood it's on here.Just use the search tab at the top of the page to find lots of reading. If you read enough topics here you will find that food is the next favourite topic. :P Enjoy :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Husband

Welcome, this place has ALL the answers to ALL your questions.  :P
Chris

chet

Welcome aboard, Cec. We got a good bunch of folks here.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Brad_S.

Welcome Cec. 8)
Sure am seeing alot of red maple leafs these days.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

ronwood

Welcome to the forum and a Merry Christmas to you Cec.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, Cec.   The Left Coast is getting to be better populated with trees.  Whereabuts are you from Paul H. in Pemberton?
Frank Pender

Texas Ranger

Even have a few Texans that extend a welcome to our Canadian friends.

Wecome aboard.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Welcome, "Little Man".

You'll have to excuse Texas Ranger from time to time.  He probably thinks British Columbia is a North Western County in Texas.   :D

little-guy

:) Thanks for the welcome guys.... its nice to come to a place where so many people have so much in common..(the luv for sawdust)..even those Texans ;D....and Frank ..am quite a ways from Pemberton.. I am about 3 hours north east of Spokane....give or take ....
take care and happy milling..
Cec
you gotta be happy playing with your toys ..mine are ..norwood lumberlite 24 ,743 bobcat and 1950 John Deere 4010 crawler

Frank_Pender

Well, you are well to the Eastern side of BC, for sure.
Frank Pender

Brucer

Hey, welcome there, neighbour!

(Dang, more competition  ;D ;D ;D)
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Coon

Welcome Cec.  Glad to see more Canucks here.  I have been through Castlegar before as I toured alot of B.C. when I lived there.  I have a few friends that are close to you in Creston and Cranbrook and I have family in the Golden area.  Could be an option to come see you in the spring as I will be going to Golden and then on to Creston; what's a few extra miles to see another forum members little homestead. :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sawguy21

Hey, you and Brucer are practically next door neighbours ;D Welcome aboard. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brucer

Quote from: Coon on December 20, 2005, 12:12:10 AM
Could be an option to come see you in the spring as I will be going to Golden and then on to Creston; what's a few extra miles to see another forum members little homestead. :D

Might as well spend an extra 20 minutes on the road and swing by Rossland while you're at it, Coon. Two for the price of one :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Minnesota_boy

If you're going to BC anyway, you should pop in to see Percy too.  Terrace can't be that far away.  It is in BC.  :D :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

sawguy21

Terrace is a two day drive from Castlegar. Longer if ya stop to eat and take pictures. ;D

IL Bull

Cec welcome and merry Christmas (you can still say it on this forum) from central Illinois.
Joe
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

SwampDonkey

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 20, 2005, 08:10:11 AM
Terrace is a two day drive from Castlegar. Longer if ya stop to eat and take pictures. ;D

I was gonna say, it's not like going across Texas. Ya gotta go around them mountain ranges. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin

Ok, lets see your best Texas Salmon!

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Cec.

sawguy21

Coon

Quote from: Brucer on December 20, 2005, 01:10:31 AM
Might as well spend an extra 20 minutes on the road and swing by Rossland while you're at it, Coon. Two for the price of one :D.

Might as well!! :D :D  Forestry Forum members are often more like family members to me than some of my own, but I won't go into that it's the Holliday Season.... (today is my birthday and I haven't even got so much as a Happy B-day from anyone other than my immediate family) :-[
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

beenthere

Happy Birthday.
I see you have a cake in your profile today. That's special.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!