iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

onan power unit idea

Started by smwwoody, September 28, 2002, 07:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

hi

Has anyone ever seen the US army surplus 28 volt generators?  They have a 4 cylinder onan motor on them. and are mounted in a nice frame.  lookes like all you would have to do is gut the generator housing have a shaft built that would stick out of the end of the housing slip on a shive and you would be in buiseness.  they can be bought for around $50 with 10 or less hours on them.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Fla._Deadheader

I would be very interested in one of those engines. Where would I find more info? Thanks, Harold
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

smwwoody

army surpluss shops or surpluss auctions
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Tom

I've not been there in a long while but NAS Jax had a surplus store/auction on US-17 south of Jacksonville.  

When I used to visit, they had an auction once a month and were open every working day the rest of the month to sell the  stuff that was left over. I've no contact anymore but bet it is still there.

woodmills1

try this site, it is a little confusing but noodle around and you should be able to get into auction listing in your area.

http://www.drms.dla.mil/asset/pubalpa.html
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!