iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My woodshop ! Come on in everyone ! Pull up a chair !

Started by UNCLEBUCK, December 17, 2005, 07:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Papenburg

Norm , Has Patty let you use that new jointer yet?  If it works as good as my buddies General you will realy like it .  Soother and quieter and easier to run the wood through it.
Nice shop .  I finaly got concrete poured in mine this year . now I have to insulate.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Norm

No she hasn't Don, I just got it put together and wired up to the wall this week. I need to wire in the breaker to the box and then we can give it a test run. This is the first grizzly tool I've ever seen, it is built real well.

It's been real nice to see everybody elses shops, gives me hope to have all of the tools and stuff the rest of you folks have. We're just rank amatuers on woodworking so it's a big help to she all of the things that you experienced guys and gals have in your shops. Great thread UB thanks for starting it. :)

ElectricAl

Here are some shots from 2003. The shop was not quite done yet.

Oneida Filter

Lots of pipe

Oneida 2HP Cyclone

We have been thinking about upgrading to an 8" or 12" Sprial Head Jointer.
Norm we'll need a report ;)
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Faron

Anyone using in floor heat in the shop?  We are about to start on the new sawmill building to replace the one that collapsed last year.  Going to have a 48 X 40 woodshop on one end.  I was thinking of putting in floor hot water heat in it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

ElectricAl

Faron,

We have floor heat under our sawmill, and it's great 8)

The biggest problem is we cannot bolt the sawmill down. But that really has not even been a big issue.

One mistake I made was putting the manifold on the end wall along with the breaker box.  Now we cannot expand, well we could for the right price :-X
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Faron

ElectricAl, I've been told the in-floor heat makes it a lot easier on feet and legs. True???
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Don_Papenburg

I'll answer that with a BIG YEP  can't beat warm feet.

Put you tubes at 6" centers and nomore than 8" and at the bottom of the pour , over 25PSI extruded foam .   With the tubes closer you don't need as hot of water and you don't get heat "striping" . That way the concrete is all the same temp.

Norm

Looks good Al, my next major project is to run ductwork for a dust collection system. I'm going to mount the blower on the other side of the wall and shoot it outside in to an old grain wagon.

Next big purchase is a new table saw, I've been drooling for a powermatic model 66 with a router lift for too long. The model 64 has been a good saw but now that I've got a permanent shop I want a real saw. Lets see valentines day is not too far off, maybe I'll surprise Patty with one. ;D

ElectricAl

Norm, 

Your secret  gift for Patty is safe with us on the FF  ;)

Are you sure you want to blow all your heat into a wagon :o?

You can get some pretty nice filters and cyclones

www.oneida-air.com/products/filters/main.htm

Don_Papenburg

I have a buddy in the UP that has a woodshop with some serious dust collection and it all goes outside .  I was there in January once  we worked in that wood heated shop and never once noticed the heat leaving with the collectors running. There was no dust inside though Convinced me to put in dust collection .

Don_Papenburg

Hey Norm , Can you still get those orange IOWA freeze proof yard hydants ? I always liked them better than the junk that is sold around here now. I think they were made by woodhill MFGing. somepalce in Iowa.

Norm

You still see them at some of the better farm supply stores but are not that common. Darn things last forever though, have one on my well head that I had to adjust not too long ago, must be twenty years old and still works great.

LINK

Don_Papenburg

We have some at my dads farm that are better than fifty years old now .  They quit selling them around here about 25years ago .  Just thought that they were out of bizz but thought I would ask .  I would like to get some for my farm.

Thank You Sponsors!