iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My woodshop ! Come on in everyone ! Pull up a chair !

Started by UNCLEBUCK, December 17, 2005, 07:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

I put up a new sign on my woodshop door today . Before you enter you will see the steambox on the left ,smokehouse on the right , why come on in everyone and see what I do everyday and dont forget to wipe your feet  :D Now I would love to take a tour of your woodshop too so by all means show pictures of it and tell about it , dont be shy . I got squirrels living in the upstairs of my mess . My dust collection is to open the door and plug in the air hose !
smiley_wavy

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Fla._Deadheader

Funny lookin cheese slicer  8) ;D :D

Did you say you make 1200 of them per year, or, am I mistaken, again ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

UNCLEBUCK

Oh and please watch out for snowsnakes as I dont want anyone getting hurt ! Welcome to Minnesota !  8)

Part_Timer

What is it ya making??

I've decided that this winter I'm redoing all the cabinets in mine and going to make it livable.  Yah right.
With Kate working out there now we have to do something.  Just not enough rhime or reason for two.
   I'll get some pictures in the morning but ya got to promise not to laugh.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

D._Frederick

Thats a pretty good size airplane wing, are you planning to fly away?

UNCLEBUCK

Oh I would never laugh at anyones shop except mine  :D. It is small but I am starting to like it more as the uglier it gets . I practice space management  :D meaning everything is on wheels and gets shoved wherever . Yep Harold I was 1200 total wing ribs in 6 years but this makes it 1225 and on New Years day I will be at 1250 and then I go ice fishing the whole month of January . Its my winter work I guess. Some people cut firewood , my neighbor has a loom and makes some kind of rugs during the winter . Alot of Minnesotans just live in their woodshops during the winter for fear of snowsnakes . This is a good year for them as there has been alot of snow  :o

Fla._Deadheader

They for private customers or manufacturers ??  Hope ya have more room than yer showin  ;) ;D ;D  Good lookin ribs.  ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

Quote from: Part_Timer on December 17, 2005, 07:48:48 PM
I've decided that this winter I'm redoing all the cabinets in mine and going to make it livable.  Yah right.
With Kate working out there now we have to do something.  Just not enough rhime or reason for two.
   I'll get some pictures in the morning but ya got to promise not to laugh.
We promise (as we know better, I think) not to laugh at 'Miss-Moose-workin-out' pics. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodbowl

Uncle Buck, that sure is a fine lookin' shop! If I had one like that it would be called my Pout house, whinning room or sugar shack. Looks like you've got a lot of room too. If you go into my shop, you'll be backing out cause you shore can't turn around in there. .... What about those 1200 ribs?? ?? ?? What did you do with them?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

UNCLEBUCK

Its 24x28 in size so it gets crowded no doubt . I put each one in a cardboard box and sell to internet catalogs and elsewhere . I dont know how to link in the catalog but thats ok . woodbowl has gotten me thinkin about flying airplanes again but I think all the neighbors would sign a petition saying "please not again"  :D  I guess it makes me feel good just to build a part of a airplane but I am not a licensed aircraft mechanic but these things go on the wall for display anyway . I wanted to show my new sign for norwegians , is it too bold ? :D

VA-Sawyer

It reminds me of the sign in McDonalds that says " Menu available in braille for the blind"   :D  :D :D

I know that I'm going to get pounded for that, but I just couldn't help myself. :)

Paschale

Hey Uncle Buck,

Looks good!   8)  All you need in there is some Christmas tunes playing on the CD player...   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

asy

Quote from: UNCLEBUCK on December 17, 2005, 09:44:27 PM
I wanted to show my new sign for norwegians , is it too bold ? :D

Does this mean if'n I come visit I can't park near the shop??

I wouldn't like to park too far away coz I"m afraid of snow snakes...  :(

ALso, there's a whole mess of snow there!!!

It was 40C here today...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

shopteacher

Wow!  How big is the smoker for them ribs?  You should come to Pittsburgh.  We have a big rib shin dig every year, but I never seen none of them ribs that would compare to yours (they do look a little skimpy on the meat though). :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

oldsaw

You know, if the snow got too deep, you could probably make some pretty servicable snowshoes out of them.... :D...just thinkin', on Minnesota boy to another.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Skytramp

Hey Uncle buck, Those wouldn't be a modified Y would they?

No way on earth I'm going  to show pics of my shop or shops, My wife says everytime I get one full I build another one.
     I have one that has the posts set for 2 4X8  work benches 2 ft apart end to end, got grade shot on them, plan to build a couple of wings  there someday,
Skytramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

sprucebunny

WOW, UncleBuck  8) Look at all the space you have in there ;D

Yesterday, I was going to take a picture of my shop for this thread but when I opened the garage door and looked in like a picture would look, you couldn't see the 20 foot boat that's in there  :o ...... Behind the ping-pong table and under the sail bags and fiberglass and.......

Guess it's time to pick up a little :D    ::)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

My boat is visible. Just. Gotta get my buddy the gas fitter to install the heater  so I can work in there.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Burlkraft

I'm 3/4 Swiss and 1/4 Norwegian....My grandpa was 100% Swiss the Norwegian came from my grandma. He told me never to tell anyone about the Norwegian :o :o :o :o
Why not just 1 pain free day?

UNCLEBUCK

What no messy shop pictures  :D . I definately understand about the boats and ping pong tables in the way . Sometime I take the camera with and get bored and snap some real life to share with everyone .My woodshop became the packaging and shipping department sunday,there is shredded paper everywhere now. Nothing fancy about me.I have a pot belly woodstove for the main heat except when I spray varnish but now I have a problem and that is the woodsmoke can be seen coming out of my shop and its like a beacon for the mini-van full of Jehova witness grandmas that go by everyday. They dont even knock anymore ,they just walk in and start trying to save me while I try to hide all my copenhagen boxes before they get ahold of them. It always seems they show up all serious the sky is falling and by the time they leave they are all laughing and smiling .This last week I wished them all a Merry Christmas and oh boy the fun we had . Well I wish everyone a Merry Christmas ! Yours truly ! U.B.  ;D

woodbowl

:D :D Merry Christmas U.B. .............. Merry Christmas to all!  8)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Corley5

One of my hay customers is an older gal and she's a JW.  She's been buying hay from us for years.  I usually fill up her little barn with 120 bales the middle of Sept and that lasts her the winter.  One year she ran out before the pasture came on and I was outta hay so the next year she had me top it off in Dec.  As I was geting ready to leave with check in hand I wished her a Merry Christmas :D  Boy did I get a funny look ;) but she wished me a good winter and we went on our merry ways.  As I was pulling out of her driveway it hit me.  She's a Witness ::) 8) :) :) :D ;)  I get a chuckle out of that ever time I think about it now included. 8)  She stills buy hay from me ;D ;D

8) 8) Shop UncleBuck
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Part_Timer

Well UncleBuck I said I get a picture so here it is :-[  :-[

Don't laugh to hard

What a disaster :o  ran out of battery or you'd have seen the mess on the other side.  It's not as bad as that is where Kate's lathe is.  Our shop is only 11x17. 

Now that I'm publicaly embarrased I'm going to try and rearange things and take an after picture.  You just need to give me a couple of weeks.  It's a real mess and a big job

Merry Christmas
Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

UNCLEBUCK

You have a great shop P.T. , you even got nice new doors ! My door was a throw away from some university 25 years ago . Now you have to get some projects going .  My shop is over 30 years old ,shingles are original and still shed rain even after 2 fires . I see you have a nice drill press . I remember the day I finally got a drill press , I use it as a drum sander too with one of those 2 dollar drums that slip in the chuck. Thanks for the picture . I always put a picture on when I need motivation and it seems to help stay interested .  :D

katie-did

Hey Unclebuck that is MY drill press. He only get to use it from time to time!  ;D
The shop normally looks better then that but I have been to busy to clean it. He make the mess I clean it up. That is the way it is suppose to work right or do I just have him spoiled?????? :-\
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Thank You Sponsors!