iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

renting christmas trees, we gotta get in on this deal

Started by Dan_Shade, December 17, 2005, 10:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

seems that somebody in San Fransiso has figured out how to scam the tree huggers, you can "rent" a christmas tree, and then they'll come get it and plant it where a place needs a tree.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051216/ap_on_re_us/christmas_tree_rentals
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

Funny, I don't feel guilty about cutting Christmas trees, fun to build bomb fires out of used ones too. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

getoverit

lets see... they guy has 100 trees and rents them out for $90 each... thats $9,000 profit for his trouble, and after Christmas he gets the trees back and then sells them to someone else for their yard..... who is the stupid one here???
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Dan_Shade

that's why I'm saying get in on the deal!

I don't think that would work here.  actually, it could, because people don't want to deal with getting rid of the old tree

I should run an add that I'll remove people's old christmas trees for $25 each, hahahaahahaha

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sawguy21

I am trying to figure out how they bring a tree into the house for a few weeks then replant it with the roots attached. Or do they just leave the branches attached and use them as fence posts ???
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

brdmkr

I'm with you on building the fires!  We have a New Year's eve party where we have 'red-neck fireworks'.  We have old Cristmas trees on the edge of a lake and we set them off along with the regular fireworks.  Sometimes get 40 - 50 foot flames 8) 8).  The kids like the trees better than the 'real' fireworks.  We'll spend a day riding around collecting old trees that people have left on the road as garbage.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

tnlogger

now done here we collect um and sink um in the river  ;D
gene

Frank_Pender

I am so sorry that the idea orginated here in Oregon, the Christmas Tree capital of the country.   :'( :'( :'(  I appologize to everyone. :( :( :(
Frank Pender

Dan_Shade

no, no, no, no need to apologize, this is capitalism at it's finest, make somebody pay to give back what you really don't need!

Don_Papenburg

I like that idea In the summer then when your wife is shaping and trimming the treees you can , you can go to flea markets amd sell all of the old ornaments and strings of lights that you took off of the rental trees.  Or you could rent them for $180 predecorated. if you don't sell all of the ornaments.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!