iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flashlight Guarantee?

Started by Kevin_H., December 16, 2005, 03:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

I got a new flashlight at our fire dept Christmas Dinner last week and I thought, "sweet this thing is really nice" That was until I read the exclusions in the warrenty, I dont know what I am going to do if I need a light for deep sea fishing or bear hunting.

As far as the 5 yr old, I totally understand that!

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Modat22

The toughest use is probably the 5 year old.

a 5 year can break anything.
remember man that thy are dust.

asy

If you had all three (the shark, bear and 5yo) in one place, I wonder which would win...

My money'd be on the 5yo.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Mr Mom

If i gave my 5 yr old a marshmallow he could do more damage in 5 min than a wrecking ball could do all day.  :D  :D  :D

Mr Mom

Skytramp

I have some Grandsons, that if you put them in the woods the bears would move to the yards.
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

ElectricAl

Our Fire department was all MAG LITE for years, until we saw a Pelican at Fire School.

The MAG LITEs were quickly retired and the Pelican became the light of choice.

No Bear attacks yet ;D
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

DanG

The 5 year old may be a problem, but if you get attacked by a bear or a shark, the warranty on the stinkin' flashlight is NOT gonna be your big worry of the day! :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

Speaking of warrantys , I once saw a wood preserver product that was life time waranty ....  in tiny little letters on the bottom of the paper there was this print ...   lifetime waranty = life of wood    ::) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Furby

They forgot one......... gators, right Swampy ??? ;D
smiley_deadheaders_buddy

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Mr Mom on December 16, 2005, 05:17:42 PM
If i gave my 5 yr old a marshmallow he could do more damage in 5 min than a wrecking ball could do all day.  :D  :D  :D

Mr Mom

Don't even need to be 5 yo, and don't need no marshmallow either. I was 4 and my brother was 3 yo and my mom went out of the house for 15-20 minutes tops and we got into the margarine jar. ;D Well, when ma got back we had the living room sofa covered in margarine and a box of Rice Crispies all ground in good.

I don't know how we missed the trip to the river in a sac over that one.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_van

When I was pretty small, they tell me I climbed under the ringer-washer with a pair of pliers & a screwdriver - I took so much apart, they had to get the repairman to come fix it - nobody could figure it out - A born mechanic!
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

tnlogger

wal now 4and5yr olds can git in trouble sometimes  ;D
but 6yr olds can really git in trouble my dad liked his homebrew and he keep it in a spring house out back ta keep it cool. now I wont say it were my fault no sir i wont. but myself my brother and my sisters son who just happened to be the same age as my brother (4) wal now we just thought it would be fun to see what was in them there bottles so we commenced to open one and tried er out ugggg bad stuff ok ok kids will be kids right. we done went back to the house and my mother done met us at the door wanting to know where we'd been. Now me being all growed up and taought not to tell no fibs said we had been down back. ( note did not tell a fib here was down back). well mother being a total tee totaler and us not knowing that that there homebrew has a disinct smell to it was all she took. all my mother said was fer my to go fetch an alder switch. when i come back she started ta wopping on and the more she did it the harder she cryed. that was the first and only wopping I ever got from her.

oh yeh in case your wondering when dad got home he found over a hundred bottles of his stash busted in the driveway. He took one look at mother put the pld truck in gear and didn't come back fer three  days. and I know fer a fact he never did make no more at least at home.  ;D and as CK is so prone ta say and thats a fact.
gene

etat

Ain't even thinking I oughta get into some of my misadventures and 'that's'
a  fact!!!!!!!!  ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

asy

Quote from: cktate on December 17, 2005, 04:59:17 PM
Ain't even thinking I oughta get into some of my misadventures and 'that's'
a  fact!!!!!!!!  ;D

If I ask nicely willya???

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Minnesota_boy

Aw gee, CK, how are you going to turn down such a nice request from Asy?  :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

sawguy21

We had just moved onto an acreage. I was about four and my sister would have been two and we (I) decided to go exploring. We saw a fire and headed toward it as we were cold and it was after dark. A neighbour was burning brush. We saw flahlights coming toward us and it was the fire department.  They took us back to the road where my parents were waiting. Turns out the whole DanG town was looking for us. No switch but mom kept a pretty tight rein on us for a while.
Back to flashlights and Pelican, I packed aircraft survival kits in their cases. They stood up very well and were very well waterproofed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!