iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Humidity level ?

Started by edsaws, December 14, 2005, 10:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edsaws

This is for anyone here that uses a humidifier during the winter. I was wondering what you keep or try to keep the humidity level at in your house. Can't seem to get mine much above 30-32% ???.

Fla._Deadheader

What kind of heat source ??  Wood stove, we always had a pot of water sitting on the stove. Furnace might have a humidifier pot attached to the plenum.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

chet

Totally dependant on outside temperatures. We try to keep it as high as we can in the winter without having condensation on the windows. The lower the temp outside the lower the humidity inside in order to avoid this.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ianab

In the winter I try and keep the inside humidity DOWN to 70% here  :D
In the summer, same thing  :D

So, no... we use de-humidifiers  ;D

Condensation on windows is just expected, but if you can keep it down a bit it prevents moss from actually growing on the inside of the glass  ::)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

breederman

With the hot air wood furnace it is always a struggle to keep it up.I have used a humidifier with pads in the plenum one that worked better goes in the duct and has a bunch of screens that revolve in a tray of water when the blower comes on.It put more water in the air but after two or three years it got wore and became very noisey when it was spinning.You also have to moniter the floats as they will get "crapped up" and stick,you don't want water dripping on your fire box.
Together we got this !

asy

I'm with Iain...

I'm REALLY happy when it's under about 85%... 

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

OneWithWood

With hardwood floors and a house full of plants we like to keep ours at 50%.  We run one humidifier for the whole house and it works fine.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

edsaws

Fla._Deadheader
I've got a woodstove insert in the fire place and it doesn't have any room to put a pot of water on. I've got a big humidifier though that I fill daily.
Ian and asy your makin me jealous ;D

Thank You Sponsors!