iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's Here!!!!

Started by Corley5, December 14, 2005, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

After waiting patiently for 3 months my new toy errr I guess I should say peice of equipment has arrived 8) 8) 8).  It spent last night in Gaylord on the truck and was delivered to me this morning at 7:30 AM.  We got it off the truck and I processed a couple face cords for at my buddy's place where we unloaded it and I'm quite pleased with its performance thus far :) :) :).  Of course I was in a hurry and didn't bring the camera but here it is safe at home in the yard.

Better get some firewood ads in the papers 8) 8) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

farmerdoug

That is a great looking toy err piece of equipment there, Greg.  We know what you will be up to for awhile.

What is the min/max log size and length capacity of your new processer?

Have fun until it gets to being like work.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Corley5

It's rated for a 12' log 14" in diameter however it does have a 20" bar and one sugar maple I cut up today was close to 18".  The bar just cut all the way through it ;)  Min size appears to be about 2.5" but at that size the stick has to be all the way to one side for the clamp to hold it.  There was one stick about 10" in diam and 12' or so long and it was just right ;D

Burlkraft

Corley,

That's a NICE lookin' rig..... smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

I've been thinkin' about building one for a long time now. But now I see that the prices are in line where you almost can't afford to build one. I gotta get my mill first....Then a processor will be next 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Congrats
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Murf

Ewww, kewl, a log junker........  8)  8)  8)

I wanna build me onna dem, but without the chainsaw thinga-ma-bobble, too complicated.

What's it got fer a motor?
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Corley5

SwampDonkey

She's a dandy Corley  8)  :)

May the wood chunks fly.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Video time comin up, I hope.  :)  Anxious to see that big boy in action (the splitter too  :) )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Modat22

I'm not all that sure how that thing works but it sure looks purdy and manly!
remember man that thy are dust.

Corley5

My plan is to be setup and running by Saturday afternoon.  The elevator needs a bit of tinkering and I need to put tire chains on a loader tractor.  I'll get more pics when it's completely operational.  I placed adds in the local papers this afternoon and after placing an ad at one the gal on the other end said she and her parents were close to being out of wood and would be calling me 8) 8) 8) 8)  It looks a bit odd in the pics with the live deck folded up and the chains blowing in the breeze :).  Blockbuster has been super to deal with.  They sent two extra saw chains, an extra bar and sprocket, a dozen files and guide, hats, pens and key chains.  I also got free delivery as part of the show special at the Logging Congress 8) 8).

SwampDonkey

Real cool.  :) I'de like to order 20 cord, but the logistics would make it impossible.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

SD,

I am sure Greg would be willing to come and cut up your logs for a price for you. ::)

Greg,  What price did you settle on for a face cord of seasoned wood? ???

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

hawby

Corley,

Bring that puppy righton down here and try it out. I got 110 tops we can shove right through her.

Congrats man!
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

swampy

Nice toy Greg, When you come down to Fl. in the spring bring it with and we'll throw one of them big ole cypress logs on there and cut a bunch of table slabs if you can run just the saw and not the splitter. ;) ;) :D :D Ed
   We may need to put a longer bar on it though. ;) ;)
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Skytramp

Congradulations;
     Wow am I jealous,  after perusing one of my lumber checks today I am not sure but what I shouldn't following suit.
     I am with BeenThere, gotta see a clip.
Skytramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Jeff

Greg will go almost anywhere for the right deal.  Got a free manure spreader in Texas? He's THERE! (No Staples, I aint talking about you this time)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

C5, that is a great new Christmas present.   I would sure hate to even get the thing dirty.   That red sure pretty.   Congratulations on the new tool. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

farmerdoug

Jeff, with that processer Greg may be cutting up everything right to your place and then he will make you an offer on your mill that he will not let you refuse. :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Corley5

Jeff's right.  If the price is right I'll go anywhere;) :) :)  The free manure spreader in TX though......  It is pretty and I am concerned about the paint ;)  There was some on the wood I ran through it today ;)  As soon as we get a day when the pavement is dry I'm gonna take it to the car wash and clean off the road grime and salt from its trip.  Don't want any rust ;D  I looked at the other ads today and none were under $60 and one was at $65 so I went with the 60 for this go round. :)

OLD_ JD

nice rig corley 8)
ure sure will like that...faster then smiley_chop
what size of chain it run 3\8 or 404  ???
canadien forest ranger

Coon

Corley5--  What is the brand of the processor?  Looks like a sweet piece of equipment and should keep you busier than a beaver after you've blown its dam to pieces. :D :D  I got plenty of wood to push throught that thing but......  the price tag on something like that holds me back.  Gonna have to stick with my chainsaw and Case DC tractor with buzz saw. :-[
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Corley5

It's a Blockbuster 14-12.  It uses 404 chain 

Ernie

So, I gather that you drop a log on the machine, what do you end up with, I've never seen anything like it.  got any pics of it in operation?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Corley5

Put logs on one end and cut and split firewood comes out the other.  Gonna take a video clip of it in operation to post here.  The company has four machines operating in New Zealand and they just loaded one into a container bound for Denmark 8)

OLD_ JD

i run on 404 chain too...it work great ;)

canadien forest ranger

Thank You Sponsors!