iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have ya ever had one of those days????

Started by Burlkraft, December 11, 2005, 10:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I wuz havin' a pretty good day yesterday......Moved snow to make room for more. Did some turning....Then Jill reminded me about us having to go see the Nutcracker in Madison. A friend has a daughter that is in it........ :( :( :( :( So I got all cleaned up, which is no small task in itself. Put on my suit and thought...I know I should wear dress shoes, but it's snowin' and I'm just 3 weeks from reconstructive knee sugery, I better wear my hiking boots :D :D :D :D :D :D Well anyone with a woman around knows that wasn't going to fly.....so dress shoes it was. Went out to start the truck to let 'er warm up and you guessed it.....slipped and caught myself with the new knee and POP!!!!! I didn't fall down, but the pain was bad.....real bad.......I heard that pop once before when the origional acl popped. Needless to say I didn't have to go to the ballet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have surgery again. It just so happened that my surgeon wuz on call last night. I took a good tounge lashin' from him...something about screwin' up his good work. Today it's all swollen and the pain has subsided but I have the deep aching pain that I knew sooooo well. If my dad hadn't taught me that men don't cry I think I wudda been cryin' smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying

Back to square one :( :( :( :( :(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Fla._Deadheader

Man, that is tough  :o :o  My wife wooda hadda divorce me before I wooda went outside.  :-\ :-\   Hope there is enough left to do a good repair.

Looks like our deal is off, no ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

WH_Conley

What Deadheader said. Man, that sucks. When it is slick I go EVERYWHERE in my workboots. That's the limit, workboots or I stay home.

Good luck, hope it's not as bad as you think.
Bill

Burlkraft

OUR DEAL IS OFF  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Are you crazy???? smiley_furious smiley_furious smiley_furious smiley_furious

There is nuthin' more I'd want to do right now than move to someplace where I would never have to see snow again.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

If nuthin' else it's more on than it's ever been....How big are those shippin' containers ??? ??? ???

Fla._Deadheader

OFF, as in, temporarily delayed.  ::) ::)  How ya gonna pack that stuff with a bumm legg  ??? ?  Come July, (summer), you SHOULD be good as new, and can escape the snow from NEXT winter (September)  ;) ;D :D :D.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

jon12345

workboots can be slippery too, ya need them loggin boots with the screw in studs that everyone loves on their linoleum floors.
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Burlkraft

Deadheader.

I wuz just thinkin' of gettin' a big container and winchin' the DanG works right in :D :D :D :D

beenthere

Burlkraft
Hopin that knee is just bruised and not 'back to square one'.

I had mine operated on in July '01 and 6 weeks later was working on a plank over a footing/foundation wall ditch, when the dirt caved in and I dropped about 3' onto the 'new' knee. Pain like I couldn't believe. It swelled up, and I too thought had 'undone' everything.

But, it got better and was ok.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Thanks BT,

I guess there is a small ray of hope ::) ::) ::)

The pain has subsided some today. The good thing is there is no swelling  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Maybe I got lucky :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm gonna try to get in the shop and do some turnin' today 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

OneWithWood

and as an added bonus you got an incident to remind the missus of the next time she attempts to over rule your good judgement  8)

well it was worth a try ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

crtreedude

That's right! Anytime something like this comes up - get historical on her.  Bring up this and say "Do you remember when..."

Anything to avoid culture overload...

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!