iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here's a Homelite for you to talk about

Started by Tom, December 08, 2005, 10:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

rebocardo

Kind of makes you think about the topic of 372 vs. 575 and the newer one being heavier. That saw has to weigh more then both combined :-D

Looks like it is built from steel or is it aluminum?  What does it weigh?

leweee

Tom ....all your missing is a rope & aluminum boat :o
you could even use the air breather cover as a bailing bucket. :D
seriously ...Tom nice vintage Home-tonite. :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Weekend_Sawyer

By the numbers on it, looks like it was once part of a feet... I mean fleet ;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Brad Thompson

I have one just like it.  Lots of torque, but slower than slow.  I have mine hanging from the ceiling in my garage.  Maybe someday it will become valuable!  LOL
Wherever you go, there you are!

Tom

This one belongs to a friend/customer of mine who used it when he was developing his logging business.  He used it mostly for pulpwood and ran it all day long.  He has since sold his company to his son, Young Curt at the airport, and keeps threatening to send him to the woods with it.   Young Curt says he'll do anything not to have to hold that saw.  :D

Tony

Tom, That looks like the one a friend gave us, said if we could get it
running we could have it..............we're not trying real hard to fix it though
;D ;D ;D :o :o :o   

Tony  8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

oldsaw

Think it may be a bit top heavy??? :o  A week of running that and you would even make Ahnold look like a "girly man".

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Tom

Those old Homelites sure sound good.   They aren't the high-reving machines that are made today.  They sound more like a one or two cylinder tractor swinging a heavy flywheel.  Funny......   when that's all there was, they were a pretty hi-tech machine.  :)

leweee

Tom... I was just jealous....I don't got a boat anchour that looks that good :o

Grandpapeee usta callem " Man Killers "  ;D He was more into horses & "misery whips" kinda guy.
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Coon

I got a saw that looks vey similar to that one but then again........ it's been a long time since I have even looked at it.  I will check tomorrow.

What year is that saw?  How big is the engine?   ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

I don't know, Coon.   It's a bigg'un though.  :D

Coon

I didn't get out to the farm today but I definately have to go tomorrow. ;D
Have to go get a few snowmobile parts tomorrow :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Brad Thompson

It is definitely a Super Wiz 80.  I used mine for a little cutting when I got it running and was eternally thankful that I have something newer to use now.  I got tired after about 20 minutes of using that beast.  Talk about heavy metal!javascript:void(0);

Brad Thompson

I tried to use the laughing face, but this is all I get.  That is why I did LOL on the previous post.  I must be doing something wrong since using those things is new to me, but I don't really think something is wrong with me.  Give me a break, please.

maple flats

Brad, try hitting the space bar 1 or more times before clicking on the smiley.  8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

chet

Quote from: Chet on December 12, 2005, 10:03:57 PM
My guess is it's a Super Wiz 80 ;)

My next guess is it weighs more than 5 pounds.   :D  :D  :D  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

sandman2234

It might be that I just like to punish myself,  but I really miss running that old Super Wiz 55 i have. It sat unused for too long when i got a new saw, and now won't start. It went home with a retired friend of mine this weekend, to see if he can make it run.
  The bow with that little foot makes cutting logs on the ground into firewood simple and easy because you let the weight of the saw do the work!
David from jax

Thank You Sponsors!