iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas tree stands

Started by SwampDonkey, December 01, 2005, 04:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I'm only curious here. I was wondering if anyone has seen this christmas tree stand in your local home depot. Sorry that it's on a secure commercial site. Just wanted to show a picture. The stand is made locally and you might see Christmas Mountains Manufacturing on the box. Anyway, they are sold world wide now and expanding. Home Depot wanted to buy out the business, but the Bolstrige brothers that run it, didn't cave in.  :) 8)

LINK FIXED BY THE SMART ADMIN   ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

We've use a 5 gallon buckets before for a tree stand.  Just trim the limbs off'n the first 2' feet and stick it in the middle of the bucket and then fill the rest up tight with firewood.   Cover the bucket and area under the tree with red cloth or a festive table cloth and you're done.

The last couple of years we've just ran a cord from the top to a nail on the wall behind and above the tree.  That keeps it there.

We don't make a big deal over the tree.  But we lake to let the girls play a big part in getting the tree (ERC from the farm) and decorating it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

This stand will prevent your tree from flip flop'n and you can water your tree. I know the price is a little steep, but it's well made. I tend to agree with Bib's phylosophy here though, build your own. But, there are alot more folks in the urban environment without the enginuity required to improvise. Take the wreath for instance, why pay $12-20 for a wreath when you can go for a walk in the woodlot and grab a couple switches of red osier dogwood and 3 or 4 lbs of balsam tips. All ya need is a strand of wire you could probably get for a $1.

But, my motive for the thread was to see if anyone has found this tree stand in their local stores. Just a curious George you know. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

SD
I have a tree stand much like this one. Handles a large tree, and takes a 6" trunk.  It didn't have the 'centering' device, but I made one by cutting a plywood circle that fit the bottom of the container, then screwed it to the stem bottom. It stays submersed in the water, and the four 'bolts' hold the tree straight when adjusted. No need for the 'lock' nuts that I see. I think our Christmas tree was a 12' white pine last year, and will be near the same this year. Should have cut it before the 3" snowfall today, but suspect there will be another day to do that.

Bibby. Are you saying you hang the tree up with a cord?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Phorester

And of course, SWAMPDONKEY, with that wide flat bottom you can always bolt that booger to the floor if you have too....  ;D

SwampDonkey

:o  Not through the hardwood flooring!  :o  :D :D :D :D :D

Bibbyman

Quote from: beenthere on December 01, 2005, 06:03:20 PM
Bibby. Are you saying you hang the tree up with a cord?

We have the last 10 years or so.  I think the first time we did it we had a really tall tree.  We set it in the corner of the room and,  beside some kind of stand, we ancored it to the two walls.  Just a cord about like a shoe lace is all it takes.  Then that sucker ain't falling over unless someone tries to climb it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Paschale

This is the first year I've had a tree in my house since I moved in a few years ago.  The stand I bought at ACE was JUNK!   >:(  I had to screw some holes in the sides and use some lag bolts to anchor that DanG tree down properly, plus jerry-rigging a base to put inside the base, since it was much deeper than the stump I had on my tree, and I didn't want to lob off the bottom branches in order for my tree to hit bottom to be stable.   ::)  It cost me around $13, and looking at that stand you showed us Swamp, I would've paid that in hindsight.  If HD carries them, I might go see if I can find one there on sale after the season's over. 
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

srjones

SwampDonkey,
I'll check at the Big Orange Retail Giant the next time I'm there. (Probably tomorrow).

-srj
Everyone has hobbies...I hope to live in mine someday.

Frank_Pender

We put ours on the deck, outside the back door.   It sure stops the complaining of a mess in the house and I try and keep it there until at least the first of May. 8)
Frank Pender

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

A very long time ago I bought one of those flimsy sheet metal tree stands and as soon as we got it all tightened up and stood back it went kapooey and down went my tree.  Well then we ended up tying the tree to the curtain rod  and holding it upright in the stand for that year.

So stump jumper decided that he would build me a nice indestructable tree stand now I don't have to worry about cats and dogs tipping it over.

It weighs 45#'s is made of 1/2" plate steel and 6" pipe with stainless steel bolts. 8) 8)

We have had many years of upright trees.

When I was young and lived at home the cats would climb the tree so we would have to tie it to something to keep it from tipping.
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Max sawdust

Nice stand you could sell those.  I think I tried every kind of stand on the market without much luck :'(
So now that we have a small house and no room for a tree I just wire it to the deck and we look at it out the window. :D
(Yes we like ugly trees, this is the top from a blowdown balsm that was cut off our power line ;D)

True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

iain

You know                       i had to go and ask Linda (shes making pancakes)
she says "a base thing"

anything else i can help you with?

iain

Rockn H

Nowadays we use the plastic legs that came with the tree. ::) :D 
Somewhere there's a stand I made years ago that is real similar to the one stump jumper made although not quite as heavy. ;D  I made it so that we could keep water in it to try and keep the tree from drying out. ::)

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ontario026

Last year was the first christmas in my own home,  we got a big tree, probably 8.5-9 feet,  8ft ceiling and it was bent over touching the roof,  We were using a handed down 'fairly hefty plastic tree stand'  well tree fell over a couple times, buckling the plastic stand etc.  we had to tether the tree to 3 walls....  I got fed up and went to crappy tire and bought "santa's supreme solution" which is I beleive to be the model up from the pictured tree stand...  It works awesome!!!  I'd recommend it to anyone....  The wife "You spent 50 Bucks on a tree stand?????"   but she got over it,  especially when she didn't have to sop up spilled water or re-decorate since the tree stopped falling over, and didn't have to be tied to the walls anymore.....  After christmas we found an add on remote watering kit made for the stand...   should work well this year! 

Matthew

Thank You Sponsors!