iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sunshine state ?

Started by james, December 08, 2005, 07:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampy

Gotta keep ole homey from stiffin up over the winter time.  :D :D
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

woodbowl

That's good. I was wondering if your pa was gona sell it real quick.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

swampy

For the right price, everything I own is for sale. ;D ;D :D :D
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

crtreedude

Even your dad? Is that what happened?  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

DouginUtah

Talk about cold, yesterday it was -52° F. here in Utah (by Bear Lake). Yes, that's negative 52°.

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

VA-Sawyer

Quote from: crtreedude on December 08, 2005, 05:20:49 PM
About 75 to 80 here today and sunny - I think I can live with it... ::)
Would it be considered poor forum manners to wish a pox on crtreedude ?

james

hey crtreedude how big is the skeeters down there ;D ;D ;D
james

Furby

Quote from: Paschale on December 08, 2005, 09:05:53 AM
Well...it's sunny here in West Michigan this morning...but only a balmy 8 degrees. :-\
Tell me about it, spent half the day out in it. ::)

Fla._Deadheader

Watch it, Fred. When I leave, he just might follow me down in a year or two, and take over the operation. ;) ;) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

katie-did

We are having a heat wave here.
Its 25 compaired to the 2 and 3 with negitive wind chills.
But the snow is getting deep 6 1/2 in and still coming.
Looks like no school tomorrow anyone got some aprins?  ::) ::)

Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

thecfarm

Central Maine and no snow on the ground,it all melted.More coming tomorrow.Had ALOT of rain lately.Been cold here the last few days,16 degrees here now.Hasn't been above freezing for a few days,that will harden up those skidder trails.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawwood

8 Degrees right now... and here's what it looks like outside:

Look at the isickles on my shop!

No, that's not an illusion. We got 8 inches of snow last night.

It's pretty... but that's all.
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

ohsoloco

'bout 10 degrees this morning when the dog got me up.  Went out to cut and split some wood in all that sunshine.  I think that's about the best splitting weather there is  8)  A sweatshirt is good enough when it's that warm  ;D

swampy

Hey Fred, I learned from the best, so if we are standing close together someday I would watch out if I were you(things that stay still long enough get sold). :D :D :D :D :D :D

countrysaw

Well, it's about 70 here today, with a light breeze 8) and a little dust in the eyes, needs to rain to keep the dust down ;)

the only trick is to ignore the mosquitoes, flies, and sand bugs, and the weather seems really nice, there always seem to be more bugs when it cools down here.

And all of you dealing with snow, i have not seen real snow since winter of 03/04 :'(, all we had in NJ was some lots of ice (starts to cover your goggles and gets annoying :-\), but the family says that they have some in illinois, should still be there when i get home. 

And a word to the wise, if anyone ever tries to get you to sleep in a squad tent with 24 guys in it >:(, in the middle of winter, in NJ :-[ for 40 days, with a potbelly heater(that has to be disconnected at night), tell them NO!
Right now i am playing in the sandbox

sawguy21

+5C here and its 3 am fer cryin out loud :o Wednesday morning it was -27. Somebody is messin' with us.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Faron

countrysaw, Thank you for what you are doing.  Stay safe!

Faron
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

crtreedude

Nope, not permitted to wish a pox on me - after all, you all have all that beautiful snow. I really appreciate you posting pictures of it so I can enjoy it - without having to deal with it.

Imagine my shock a few days ago - I drove up to our house and the next door neighbors had a snowman! A true aberration of nature I was thinking - until I looked and saw it was a blowup ballon.

Perhaps they were trying to make sure I didn't miss the snow - not likely!

Regarding mosquitos - we have very few and they are very small. Nothing like the ones up north which if coordinated could carry you off without much problems.

Something I actually enjoy is hanging out in a hammock in the evening in the first finca in the evening and watching the bats and birds flying around eating all the bugs. Pretty cool actually. Of course, start spraying and that kills the mosquitos, which kills the bats and birds, and pretty soon the mosquitos come back stronger than ever. I am not against have a candle to drive them a little farther away, but normally it isn't necessary.

crtreedude

I hate to tell you - but just over the mountain from us was voted by National Geographic as one of the best climates in the world. (Atenas)

There really isn't any reason for me to torment you all with a weather report - after all - it is pretty much the same every day...  smiley_devilish

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

crtreedude

We have earthquakes and volcanoes - we will manage.  ::) Hey, the weather does change twice a year (rainy season, dry season) and no one really knows when the change over will happen.

I will admit with a slight bit of embarssment that when I am bored, I sometimes wander over to the tourist area around La Fortuna, have something to eat and engage in tourist watching... Being pretty deeply immersed in the culture now - I can see from the eyes of a Tico at times.

We Gringos can be pretty amusing at times... Also, since my understanding of Spanish is pretty good - I can catch what the tour guides are saying in rapid Spanish. They are very kind, but it is very funny at times. Mainly bewildered. So many tourist arrive believe they know Costa Rica better than the guides. So, instead of asking the locals what to do - they do what the guide books say. The results can be pretty comical at times.  ::)

I suspect I am a sight as well since I drop in AFTER visiting the fincas. This means I am definitely worse for wear - like mud splashed up to my knees or higher, mud on my shirt, perhaps not shaven for a few days - you know the drill. I suspect some of the tourist point at me and say - look, he looks like he got LOST in the jungle for a while...  :o  :D :D

I know I am amusing to the locals at times - I figure it is part of my payment for living is such a beautiful place - I am amusement.  ::)

Weekend_Sawyer

We got about 4" of wet snow last night. 
Now here in Maryland that's cause for most folks to wreck their cars.
I came in about 6:30 this morning, missed most of the traffic and was real glad
to see no cars in the ditches.

I think Marylanders have a hard time driving in snow because so few of us are locals.
We get a lot of government and military transfers. Every year I hear someone say
"Wow, that's the first snow I'v ever seen"

That's all I got for now.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Darin

About 82, sunny and calm here in south Fl. :-[

Only recently have I returned from Ky for most of the month of Nov. for some r&r, do a little work on the farm and for hunting season. For the month we had temps of 14, 17 and 23 (thats the morning I ran out of propane in the camper and there was no way I was coming out of the sleeping bag to switch tanks. ;D

Much prefer Ky, wish I could make ml season tomorrow.

One day we wil make Ky home again.

Darinl

Thank You Sponsors!