iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logrite Ax or Maul?

Started by Paschale, December 08, 2005, 12:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Hey there Logrite guys,

I remember seeing a Logrite ax or maul on the forum awhile ago, but couldn't find the picture of it--was that a one time thing, or are those in production?  I didn't see them on the website, so I was just curious...???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

moosehunter

That would be the "mooseamatic" Maul.

Built for me,  used often and hard. It works great. Some that saw it said the handle would "ring".. doesn't happen. I have "over struck" it many times with no ill effects. The balance is excellent.
Now that I know how to post better pics, I may try to get a better one on.
Those LOGRITE folks build some nice toys err.. TOOLS
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

crtreedude

That looks pretty spiffy! I might need to get one. The workers used my old wooden handle one for breaking concrete - said it works great! We don't split a lot of wood down here - but we seem to always be busting up concrete!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Frank_Pender

That is rite, Moosehunter.   I last heard that Kevin is working on getting the machinery in line to cut out the ax heads, I am not sure on the heads for the mauls.   The folks who have tried out the one experimental unit I have out here on the Left Coast, sure are impressed with the unit. 8)
Frank Pender

wiam

I saw a maul in Bangor.  It looked ok, but my splitter has a Briggs on it. ;)

Will

Modat22

I have a fiberglass handle maul that I use to break aluminum intake manifold into smaller pieces to melt down for greensand casting.
remember man that thy are dust.

neslrite

I know it took a while to reply to this thread, but here is the truth about LogRite Axes and Mauls.

Frank Pender has been wanting me to build a felling ax since the first day he called me almost 2 years ago, but I did not think that aluminum would make a good handle. Last winter moosehunter posted that he want us to make a handle for his maul, after I saw the post I went out to the shed grab my maul and took it to the shop, I modified the head to fit our hookaroon 36 handle and was suprised at how good it felt splitting wood with it. I emailed moosehunter and told him to send me his maul head and I would put a handle on it, I made him keep it secret until sawlex.

Pictured above is a 9 pound splitting maul built from the ground up and a 4.5 pound felling / utility axe. Both the axe and the maul are heat treated and zinc plated black for corrosion protection.

I am looking to have the axe in limited production in January and get units in the field for exstensive testing.

The maul is another story, the head that I built works very well, but is expensive to manufacture in small quantities. The other thought was to offer a handle replacement service.
Kevin

rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Frank_Pender

Thank you, Kevin, for the update and pictures.  I have folks waiting out here on the Left Coast for the falling ax. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;)
Frank Pender

wiam

neslrite  any more thought on the "handle replacement service"  or a splitting maul.  I have a head that splitts really well but the fiberglass handle came unglued from it.

Will

Thank You Sponsors!