iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bring it on!....I'm ready for ya

Started by breederman, December 06, 2005, 03:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breederman

Winter that is.Even though its been cold and a little snow for a while now I have offically given up on fall.
  Next years fire wood is in a heap next to the wood shed,old Massey is put up in the barn,goat shed is tightend up,freezer is so full I could hardly get my ice cream sandwiches in the last time the "truck with the duck"came,tools etc.picked up,new snow tires on all the cars,carharts in the breedermobile so I won't freeze to death the first time somebody gets stuck and Mr nice guy decides to help out,Christmas tree is on the porch.
  Yep I'm as ready as I'm gonna be,so ole man winter lets see what ya got! smiley_smug01
Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Well sounds like a pretty good spot to spend the winter to me. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

What's a carhart?

I understand what you mean, we prepare carefully for winter too..  Making sure there's enough ice cream in the freezer here too...

Sometimes it even gets down under 20C...  Brrr

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Modat22

I wanna get about 2 more cords of wood before it breaks lose.
remember man that thy are dust.

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

breederman

carharts are warm canvas duck work coveralls etc.
  Its going down under 1o degrees f wed. night.
  Put another log on the fire smiley_grin_earmuff
Together we got this !

crtreedude

It has been a little cool here - I had to actually put on socks this morning!  :o
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Riles

Asy, I have two questions for you. The first one I'm sure I know the answer to, it's that obvious, but I have to ask it anyway ("There are no dumb questions...").

1. Since Down Under was settled by people from Up Top, is winter hot or cold there? I know you haven't changed the calendar or the physics of being south of the equator, but you have changed the dictionary at times. So did the original settlers still refer to December and January as winter or did they decide to try to shift the confusion to June and July? ("It's too DanG hot to be called winter, let's call it summer anyway! Merry Christmas, Mate")

2. To me, British, South African, Austrailian, and Kiwi accents sound related. I can tell the difference, but they sound close. Not surprising, considering the origin. As an american, I don't have an accent to myself, it's in my blind spot, so the question to you is, Do American accents sound related to British and South African accents?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Patty

REALLY cold here the past 2 days. I think we got up to 2 degrees farenheit today. BRRRR! smiley_bouncing  This is me in my carharts all bundled up.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ianab

Quote("It's too DanG hot to be called winter, let's call it summer anyway! Merry Christmas, Mate"

Yeah.. thats about it.  :D
No laws of physics being broken, just the seasons are reversed. Personally I think summer makes for a far better Christmas, much easier to be festive with long days and warm weather.

Accents.. ummm... we dont have one either  :D
I know Canadians get upset when we mistake their accents for Americans tho  ::)
American accents are very different to English AND South African to us. The SA accent seems more influenced by the Dutch than some. NZ and Aussie are similar, we can tell them apart, but I can understand the rest of the world getting confused  ::) Of course England has about 100 different accents , depending on where someone grew up.  ::)

It is all fascinating tho  :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

beenthere

Quote from: Patty on December 06, 2005, 05:21:09 PM
REALLY cold here the past 2 days. I think we got up to 2 degrees farenheit today. BRRRR! smiley_bouncing  This is me in my carharts all bundled up.  :D

MMmmmmmm?  Looks are deceiving, but the carharts are cut off above the knees, and the chainsaw looks like its gettin heavy.  :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

We are actually in the same side of the world as the USA, but our seasons are totally weird.  For example, we are about to start summer - which depends on the part of the country goes from December to about May - Summer for us goes from January to about mid May.

Winter is from mid-May for us to the end of December, unless it is an odd year.

We don't need no stinking calendar! We just stick our hand outside! If it is the rainy season, it is winter, if it is the dry season, it is summer.

Oh, and we only have two seasons. Rainy, not rainy.

What could be simpler?
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Don_Papenburg

Patty where did you get white carharts?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

ohsoloco

I have about two cords of next year's firewood drug out of the woods.  Been working on cutting, splitting, and stacking it the past few days.  I'd really like to get a couple more out before the white stuff gets too deep.  A friend of mine asked me the other day why I was already working on next year's fuel already  ::)   

Been pretty cold the last few days, but the wind has been calm, so it's nice  :)  Had to leave the doors open for a while when I went home for supper...upstairs was about 80 degrees, and the basement was at least 96  ;D

SwampDonkey

ohsoloco

I find it much easier to just throw another log in the stove than to mess with starting another fire when the house gets chilly  ;)

SwampDonkey

I let mine burn down to a few coals to give me a 'heat break' ;D :D All I need is to pull the coals toward my draft, lay in 3 small pieces and a couple big chunks on top, good to go for another 7 hours. ;D  smiley_sweat_drop

isawlogs

I should be sarting the next years wood soon  :) I always like that time of year ... A few inches of snow .. the wood is nice and clean , no leaves to deal with ... and best of all you can see the deer that got away . I pull out a cedar tree every now and than for them to munch on .  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ohsoloco

I may have to let mine burn down as well, I have to sweat some shut-offs onto a couple supply lines...I may not need the torch  :D  If it gets down to just a few coals, it works best if I throw some wood on, then close the door and take the cover for the ash pan off.  Those coals really rip then. 

If we get much more snow, I don't know if I'll be able to skid with my three wheeler.  The skidding is all downhill, but I have to get up there first  :-\

SwampDonkey

Put the chains on ;D

We had snow, about 5 inches, now nuttin. Last week was a mess everywhere, water and muck. Had to pump the basement 4 times.  ::) Worst wet fall I ever seen.

ohsoloco

Chains on a three wheeler  ???  Hmmmmm  ;D   

I'm glad to see the snow, now the dog only tracks wet paw prints in the house instead of muddy ones  :D 

Coon

We had over 6 inches on the ground a couple of weeks ago but the iit got warm and most of it melted.  Guess we got about 2 or 3 inches now, not even really enough to skid logs in (to keep em clean).  About -25 Celcius here right now but they say it'll be warm for the weekend. :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!