iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I really did buy a new truck!

Started by woodmills1, December 03, 2005, 04:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

2005 chevy 3500 4X4 dump 8000 miles automatic with gas V8. And...... :o it has air, cruise, tilt, auto head lights, bucket style bench seat, fancy stereo, trailer brakes, load cover, and pintle with plate.  Quite the truck compared to my 86.  Truck was over 40 grand new list.  They wanted 33,500 and I talked them down to 31.  Then I talked them into taking my 86 and my mack(1981 ms 250),and my wife gave me a few bucks from her money from her moms estate, so I am into it for 22.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Fla._Deadheader

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, Truck,  8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sawguy21

So watchya going to do with that fancy new ride? 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodmills1

everything I did with the old one except plow.  Deliver local small loads of whatever, use it for yard clean ups, sell my top soil piles and firewood, big wheel barrow around house and mill.  But the big one is hopefully sell some wholesale lumber to 3 or four  places around here that gave up their mills and just buy dry and finish now.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

jgoodhart

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodmills1

tnlogger

yup nice  ride and the right kind too  8) 8)
gene

UNCLEBUCK

Yep that is a beauty ! Congratulations  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

woodmills1

the right kind............ :D :D for :D sure  :D

was gonna buy the wrong kind... :o thats what got me started

one of my friends runs a landscape business and asked me if I wanted to buy his dump truck as he was going to get a new one.  1999 f 350 super duty.  said they would give him 15k for trade in.  I looked at it and was impressed, only 38,000 miles and pretty clean looking.  Figured payments would be around 400 a month for 3 years and my 86 was looking ragged again.  went to look at it again and said to him,  whats that glob on the oil pan.........O it was leaking but we fixed it :o :o :o did some research and found those ford deisels are famous for oil pan rot and...need to lift motor to remove and replace   also with deisel and plow the front end tends to go south(no derogetory meaning ::))

Now I was all hopped up on the idea of something newer to replace my trusty 86 K30.   Soooooo......... :P did the drive Through at all the local for sale locations and found "the right one" at Tulley Pontiac Buick BMW Volkswagon GMC, with a sign on it that sorta said we bought this sweet repo from a GM auction and have had it too long so its gotta go today.

Didnt hurt that 3 years ago I cut a huge load of oak 8x8  6x8 2x8 etc for one Vince Tulley(one of 3 sons who own the place) :D :D for a carrige house for his wifes horses. 8) 8)

woodmills1

got my new plate today

+LUMBER

:D :D :D :D

Gilman

Can we get a picture of it with it loaded up with its first load of lumber?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

woodmills1

sure can do, but might be a few days.  Working a few loads of fuel for the wood furnace today.  Trying to find a customer for the 2 nice walnut logs I just got before I cut them.

Brad_S.

Quotedid some research and found those ford deisels are famous for oil pan rot and...need to lift motor to remove and replace 

Yep. Mine goes in the shop tomorrow for exactly that. Dealership wanted $1700 to replace it. Don't know what this shop will charge but I'm sure it's going to hurt.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

woodmills1

lift the motor is more than I wanted to do in the driveway.

woodmills1

OK here is a shot of the first load of lumber on the new truck.  500+ bd ft of walnut cut through and through at 3 inch slices.  Those are the slabs on top.  It cut pretty well except for the frozen mud and rocks under the snow, not to mention the nail I cut in half long ways :o :o :o.  Will deliver soon so will let you how the ride was.

rebocardo

4x4 and dump, it does not get better then that  8)  I never minded loading trucks that much, but, unloading them is the dull part.

woodmills1

I delivered this load and the buyer says just dump it out.  I say you just payed me 600 bucks to keep the bark on, do you think it might get damaged during the dump. :D  I got my new coat dirty. :o 8) :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!