iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Written-pole single phase electric motors

Started by caryr, December 01, 2005, 10:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caryr

Does anyone here have any experience/know anything about written-pole electric motors? They look to address many of the problems faced by those of us constrained to single phase power (up to 40HP on 230V with low starting current). The only major down side I see so far is they weigh more than a typical three phase motor. I have not compared price yet, but given what often needs to be done to get three phase motors working off single phase I don't think a small price premium will be a problem. And yes! I'm thinking about a small electric mill setup. Here is a link to their web page with more information: http://www.written-pole.com/singlephase/singlephase.html.

Cary

Gary_C

That is an interesting high tech motor design. It looks to be a synchronous motor with a hybrid rotor design to improve starting torque. Also, an impressive staff behind the company. One problem I can see may be a relatively low starting torque applications only like fans or pumps, but it may not be a problem in your application.

Suspect the price may shock you a bit and the high currents on 230 volts may be a problem, but it should work.

Let us know what it costs.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!