iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price Gouging?

Started by Deadwood, December 01, 2005, 06:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

FDH
It's 8° here, but it's on the + side of zero  ;D

Just put another log on, and wonderin how the new outdoor woodburners are doin with their rigs.

Deadwood
You should switch to the 'weather' topic   ::) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Deadwood

Okay, I can take a hint, I'll chat about weather because its about 50 degrees here in Maine, which kind of changes things around from the 40 degrees you Southerns are getting. It's also kind of funny too that in Girdwood Alaska where my sister lives, the jet-stream makes for a rather warm winter. As a rule it is warmer there then it is here in Maine.

That's alright, I knew when I bought my new snowmobile we wouldn't get any snow. That's just how it works. Murphys Law.

woodmills1

Oh, by the way I got a new truck. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SwampDonkey

And I got a flooded basement this morning.  >:(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_van

Hey - Can we get back "on topic" here ?  :)   Last year or the one before ? Didn't 1/2" CDX go to about 30.00 a sheet?  It was blamed on the hurricanes, rebuilding Iraq, and the Chinese economy?  Is it still 30.00 ?  Just wondering...........
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

GF

Quote from: crtreedude on December 02, 2005, 06:07:21 AM
In one way it is the governments role to do things we cannot do

Wonder if this is why we see so much corruption in govt?

woodbowl

Boy Howdy ................ another purdy day. I've got about 10 more logs on the ramp and I'll be through with the pine job. Gona' look forward to cutting another fellows poplar next week.  Oh .............. yea,  food. Hmmmmmmmmmm ..........  If a fellow won't work, he aught not to eat.  ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Frank_Pender

Gee, I wonder if I need to change my prices for the burl I want to sell.  I just place an add in the For Sale section yesterday.  Ther have been about 70 lookers but no takers.  I must be gouging.  I best had lower my prices?   Then, I would be accused of undercutting the competition and be in just a much trouble?   :'(
Frank Pender

Modat22

I checked prices on 2x4 studs 3 months ago and they where like 1.65 a piece, yesterday at lowes (same place) they where 2.65 each.

I just ate a sausage egg and cheese sandwhich on homemade rye bread. 4 pieces of sausage, 3 slices of cheese  and of course the bread. THe bread is sticking to the back of my front teeth.........
remember man that thy are dust.

beenthere

Quote from: Frank_Pender on December 02, 2005, 09:24:13 AM
Gee, I wonder if I need to change my prices for the burl I want to sell.  I just place an add in the For Sale section yesterday.  Ther have been about 70 lookers but no takers.  I must be gouging.  I best had lower my prices?   Then, I would be accused of undercutting the competition and be in just a much trouble?   :'(

Just start sending by DHL to the forum members. They'll solve your dilema. Do you want addresses?   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Modat22

Quote from: beenthere on December 02, 2005, 10:46:36 AM
Just start sending by DHL to the forum members. They'll solve your dilema. Do you want addresses?   ;D

Thats actually not a bad idea, if you have stuff like that and its not moving can't you throw it on the for sale section?
remember man that thy are dust.

Jeff

I just added a photo to Franks ad. I think they are outstanding and I hope the photo helps move some of them. I think they are works of art.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=15641.new#new
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

etat

I kinda wish it'd cool off some here.  I need it to get down below forty degrees for a few days or so I can kill that ole bull that's been pigging out on corn before I butcher em and hang em up to age some so i can cut it up into steaks and grind em  up into hamburger. Getting hungry for me a big ole t-bone or rib eye just thinking about it.

Thinking if I lived where Chet lived I wouldn't even need a extra freezer on my back porch to keep em in.   Maybe just build me a wood box  and let the meat stay froze all by itself.    Thinking I wouldn't use S4S boards to build my freezer box out of though!  :)

Oh Frank, them's some REAL nice burls.  If it was me i wouldn't blame you for selling em for as much as you could get for em!   8) 8) 8)

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

chet

Back when all da kids were home we used to raise a big garden, and shot lots of venison. Plus buy a half of beef and at least 1 pig. We had 3 large freezers in the garage that never turned all winter.   :)  In fact 1 didn't work at all, we just made sure to empty that one first.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

crtreedude

Chet,

Are you sure you are supposed to live that far north  ???

We figure the only frozen water we want to see is in our drinks.  :D

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Quartlow

Quote from: beenthere on December 02, 2005, 06:46:30 AM
FDH
It's 8° here, but it's on the + side of zero  ;D

Just put another log on, and wonderin how the new outdoor woodburners are doin with their rigs.

Deadwood
You should switch to the 'weather' topic   ::) :)

My home brew one is about to run me out of the trailer, drafty windows and all.  :D :D Got it where I'm only fixing the fire in the morning and at night  :D :D Gotta love it when a plan comes together
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!