iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree

Started by nyforester, November 30, 2005, 06:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

I've read a bit of poetry and I tend to disagree with some of your reasoning, but..........only in your first paragraph only.  To say as a blanket statement that 'true' poets leave no one unawares............and then to follow with that Confusion is not the goal of a poet, it is the result of being unable to connect with the writer of prose and therefore blinded by the art and unable to see what is real., well that confuses me greatly.    Also I know several artists personally, true or not would be a matter of perception. ,I showed this to a fairly successful artist and she too  disagreed with your statement that they display the real in a way that reveals it to be art, to them, it IS real.  So.......in my humble opinion  a contradiction of they way a true artist may, or may not feel.  To say that beauty is not within a rose, well, it was made by our creator you know and I just feel that there IS beauty within that rose, not within just what I see.  I often do like your poetry, but in this instance, personally, I don't, especially if you are using this only to make a point.  To me, that doesn't make it real.  Remember, talking about your FIRST paragraph only. 

THAT SAID..........

everything else I agree with, and.....I'm glad that you have a star above your CHRISTMAS TREE. 

The following is the opinion I received back from a person who calls herself an artist.  I've seen her work and it is amazing.  Again, perhaps a matter of perception.

QuotePoetry and art in all forms are solely created by the artists perception of reality. Artists do not create to please, entertain, or enlighten the world around them. Artists simply create because they must, and in so doing , at times find there are others who connect with those creations. To say that a person who doesn't identify with a certain art form lacks the ability to connect with reality is, in my humble opinion ,truly (edited)

Again, these are only opinions, or perhaps criticisms of your work, first paragraph only. Just can't connect with it.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Paul_H

CK,
I understood the first paragragh and I don't know much about poetry at all.What I don't understand is why the poem is being picked apart.
It is what it is.

Thanks Arky
1 Cor,1;18
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing but to us who are being saved it is the power of God
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

etat

I agree, it is what it is.  Should I have picked it apart, no perhaps not.  However, no matter what anyone else calls a Christmas tree, that's what it'll always be to me.  Because to me, that too is what it is. And I do know what it stands for to me.  Peace, Joy, Love, and Hope and more. Perhaps I'm a bit upset with someone who would think otherwise, whatever their reasoning. 
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Paul_H

I guess I'm not following your meaning ???

Maybe go back through the posts.

etat

Perhaps there is  something I do not understand.  It wouldn't be the first time for me.  So here now, if I'm out of line I apologize.

Paul_H

It's not up to me to ask anybody to apologize Charles.Arky can cut a pretty wide swath when telling a story(  ;) ) but from reading his posts and talking to him in person I wouldn't question his faith.

etat

Well, I haven't ever met him in person, however I've seen a lot of pictures of his work, and it's obvious to me he has both passion and faith.  That I would never question either, not because of what anyone would say, but perhaps more because of what I feel.  I didn't apologize exactly because you asked me too, I kinda felt bad when I even stuck my nose in, and perhaps I shouldn't have.  I'm pretty passionate too sometimes, for better or worse.  Perhaps when I'm worse, it's worse than it oughta be.  A couple of points we differ on, that I would hope doesnt' make either one of us a bad person. 

Max sawdust

Wow,
I was a little worried with the first few pages of this thread. 
Us...Dem dhat sort of thing.  ::)

What a turn for the better, now I am reading about  peoples real feelings their Faith- Passion and Compassion
Those be God's words in my book 8)

It is my opinion that this thread is proof enough that the day and the symbols really do not matter.

It is the symbol of Christ through God that creates the goodness of people that is so enjoyed this season.

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays
What Ever..............Feel Gods Love and Pass it on to others ;D

God Bless you all this very special time of year.

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

ARKANSAWYER

When down in a valley the mountian looks very high.   When on top of a mountian a valley looks very low.   And when you stop mid way up the mountian neither one looks very far away.   It is all in how you look at something.   Some times it is just a matter of where you are standing and others it is how you feel.   Just like you do not view stars during mid-day you do not look for the sun at night.
  There was a news story on Sunday morning about a painting that was hung in a Museum upside down.  ???  It had been that way for weeks and 100,000 people had been by to see it.  One person said "Hey! it is upside down" and sure enough it was.   What did that one person see that so many more had not?   Did they connect with the artist and see it for what it was?

So what is it?   It can be what you want it to be but, for sure it is two pieces of wood.  It is in your minds eye that tells you what it is.   To take a large marble stone and chip away every thing that is not "David" takes an artist.   But if you look close the hands are way to large.   WHY?   What did the artist see that we do not?

Read the Bible many times and see what new will come from it.   Jesus turned the water into wine.  It was his fist showing and many know the story.   Did you know that Jesus did not get to the wedding till the third day.(we know what happened on the Third day)  That there are 6 clay pots filled with water. (man was created on the 6th day from dirt and is mostly water) And that Jesus turned the water into the best wine. (wine repasents blood which cleanses sin)   Is the story so simple now?   Is there more to be gleamed from it?   

Just as we have absorbed things into tradition how much have  we absorbed into Religion?   Raise you hands, bow your head and find the truth in the words of red.

ARKANSAWYER

Kirk_Allen

Dave, you and your words are an inspiration. 
Thank You!

Thank You Sponsors!