iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Sponsers

Started by bcraw98, November 28, 2005, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcraw98

I just wanted to comment on the quality of sponsers the forum has. The last few weeks I've had dealings with 3 of them, and it has been a pleasant experiece. The old wood-mizer LT30 that I bought needed lots of parts and I've gotta say that the folks at wood-mizer treat me like I'm there oldest and best customer when I call. I'm very pleased with there customer service and with the old rust bucket mill. Turns out it was an 87 instead of 88 model  :o  :D It was cuttin good when I brought it home, now the lumber looks almost planed coming off the mill.

We were having trouble turning the bigger logs on the mill so I ordered 2 Logrite 60 inch cant hooks from Bailey's(bought lots of stuff from them in the past and always been happy). We put the cant hooks to work today on a 24 inch 16'2" long red oak log(had to remove trailer hitch to make room) and had no problem turning it. A quality product all the way.

On a side note, the mill has a older 2 cylinder kohler engine(runs great) with what looks like a date stamp of 10/88 on the engine mounting base. I can't find a model number. There is a number near what l think is the manufacturing date, but I don't know what it signifies if anything. It looks like there was a tag on top of the engine, but all the writing is gone. Any ideas on how to identify the HP and serial #? Thanks
Wife and best Friend, 3 girls and a boy, son-in-law, lots of land, horses, cows, and trees. Life is Good

chet

bcraw98,
We have one of our "Shameless Contributing Members" that deals with Kohler engines. They are listed on the right side of the home page. Try this link to the left

they don't have their webpage finalized, but I'm sure they can help you.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Coon

Glad to see that you are happy with our sponsors.  8) Did you mention to them that you are a FF member?  I would have.   I will be using one of our sponsors tomorrow or the next day, as I have a few items that I am in desperate need of.
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Captain

I am shameless!!

The silver decal on the blower housing is the way to tell what model/spec/serial number engine you have.  It is difficult to tell otherwise.

Woodmizer probably has a record of the engine that was originally installed.  However, with a possible production date of 11/88, perhaps it has been changed ::)

Here's what the decal should look like.

Captain

bcraw98

Thanks Captain and Chet

That's where the decal without visable letters is located. It's not the original engine as the mount area was modified to make it fit. 
Wife and best Friend, 3 girls and a boy, son-in-law, lots of land, horses, cows, and trees. Life is Good

Thank You Sponsors!