iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Network Power outages

Started by Jeff, November 28, 2005, 04:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The Forestry Forum was down this morning due to a network power outage in Dallas Texas. Hopefully those boys have the problem rectified.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kirk_Allen

I was shaking REAL bad this morning.  Thought I was going to have to call the EMT's to revive me and finally, got on 8) 8)

beenthere

I was 'up' last night trying to get on to ask if Arky is ok, and others in AR, hopefully getting missed by the high winds and tornadoes that passed through last night. Haven't heard from my brother who lives about 8 mi. from Plumerville, AR, but left a message on his email and phone. Pray all are ok.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

Must have to reset the clock der in dat Dallas town.  It is 6 hours behind the times.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

Whew!  Sure am glad it came back up.  I had to resort to actually doing some productive work  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Modat22

Man I'm glad your back online, I was afraid I was gonna have to do some work.
remember man that thy are dust.

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on November 28, 2005, 04:42:20 AM
Must have to reset the clock der in dat Dallas town.  It is 6 hours behind the times.

Yep, looks like the server clocks were all off. I am able to use PuTTY to connect directly to the server and adjust that though, as I just did.  Thanks for pointing that out BT I missed it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

I was definitely concerned. I was afraid someone stepped on the string between here and there!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

SwampDonkey

I couldn't get on this morning a few times and then I noticed that Arkansas and north Texas and Colorado has a bad mess. I figured the power got whacked.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

I redialed a couple of times thinking it was my ISP's problem, then it occurred to me to try another site. ::)  I missed my morning FF fix, but it gave me a chance to visit some other places without coming back here every 2 minutes to see if anyone said anything. :D :D

I've had the 'puter unplugged most of the day anyway, as we're having t-storms romping through the area.  Had light rain most of yesterday, too.  First major rain we've had in almost 3 months.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bull

Withdrawls :  Im so confused, had to go to town for my second cup of coffee. No Forum !!!   The FF Dt's suck....
Well its lunch time here I  am and the coffee's on back to a normal afternoon I hope. :D

Daren

I eat my breakfast and lunch at the computer checking e-mail and reading F.F. ( I could have real easy jumped into that thread about dirty keyboards) 5:30 A.M. no F.F., sure glad it is here for lunch. OOPS a piece of ham just fell out of the sandwich and hit the keys, gotta go.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

ronwood

Jeff,

The addiction to the forum is spreading!!!  I missed it also. :D :D :D :D :D
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

pigman

Tried to get on this morning and couldn't. :( Got the shakes real bad, couldn't resist any more and went to that other site :o. Soon came to my senses and just turned the computer off and went out and moved the cows to another field. Came in a 11:30 am, got on the forum and feel better now. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ernie_Edwards

When something dosen't work on the computer I always figure it is my fault as the computer and I are always doing battle( I rarely win).

Glad to see that this time it wasn't me.

breederman

I had to go to work early just becouse  I could't spend a few minutes on here. :(
Together we got this !

crtreedude

You know, there is going to be a big spike in productivity that the Federal Reserve will not be able to explain...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Tom

It was Don (Texas Ranger)'s fault. ;D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Tom on November 28, 2005, 04:22:22 PM

Well I was gonna mention it, but didn't dare. ;D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

Quote from: crtreedude on November 28, 2005, 04:13:23 PM
You know, there is going to be a big spike in productivity that the Federal Reserve will not be able to explain...  ::)
Quote from: Tom on November 28, 2005, 04:22:22 PM
You mean Don finally did something. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ed_K

I was so bumed, I got the mill going a did 17 w/pine logs  :o.
Hope this don't happen to often, can't saw to much or I'll end up cutting more down ;D.
Ed K

Don K

I had about 1 1/2 hours free at the end of my shift this morning and couldn't get the forum up. Pretty dis appointed, but I guess I was ahead of the game since I had been reading that night while everyone else is asleep. You know the FF is quiet when you only see 3 or4 members logged on and your one of them.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

bull

Hey Ed K. you finding anything good  at Chucks place.

sawguy21

I thought waddi do know. Figured I'd been sent to da woodshed for something I didn't know I'd done. Just like when I was a kid
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!