iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I went to an auction and a belsaw planer followed me home

Started by Part_Timer, November 27, 2005, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

I went to a consignment auction that some friends of mine had this weekend.  THere were so many cool things.  For some reason my hand just kept popping up in the air on the woodworking stuff.  My friends dad passed away this summer and none of them do any woodworking.  They were getting rid of his Belsaw planer/molder and some how it ended up in the back of the truck ::)  It is a 12" 5HP and is nice. 

Have any of you used the molder to make T&G?

I also got an old Craftsman lathe.  I'll have to make a base and put a motor under it.  I think I'm going to cut it down for a small bowl lathe.  I figure for $17 dollars I can cut this one and not feel bad about it.

I also got a box of old hand planes/spoke shaves and brace drills.

Boy I'm not sure how it happened.  I only went to look at a drill press and came home with a truck load.  :D :D

I almost came home with a gas JD350.  If I had a truck and trailer big enough I'd a had it.  $3,500.  I could kick myself.  They were selling trucks and trailers too.   :)
Oh well if I bought them also I may have needed that bigger truck to haul my stuff in when the wife got rid of me. :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

Part_Timer

I love em enough that I may need to have one of my own. :D  ;D

If I could figure out what to part with. ::)

;)  not   ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.

Furby

Part_Timer

yep me too :D  :D  :D

Tell ya what.  Before we have an auction I'll figure out what I want to get rid of (trade) and you figure out what you want to get rid of ( trade) and we'll see about swaping auction piles (trading).

At least then I'd be looking a different stuff for awhile  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
Sounds good, but I'm thinking if I actually had an auction, it would be to get rid of everything and move to Alaska, CR, New Zealand, something like that! ;D :D :D :D

Part_Timer

Furby I know what ya mean.  In 10 years the wife and I are moving to Virginia.  Here we have 1 acre.  Down there we have 30.  I figure maybe I'll just keep it all and build more storage I mean work shops. ;D 

I shoulda bought one of those bigger trucks and that crawler to flatten more out.  Most of the farm is vertical.  ::)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Peterson 8" ATS.

Modat22

I use what i call "The 3 year rule". If I haven't used it or seen it for 3 years its gone. Problem is I seem to not see the stuff to get rid of it. Of course the day you get rid of something is the day you need it.
remember man that thy are dust.

VA-Sawyer

Quote from: Modat22 on November 27, 2005, 09:32:26 PM
Of course the day you get rid of something is the day you need it.
If only that were true. If I needed something the same day I tossed it, I would be able to get it back. No, for me it is two or three days after making a dump run that I need something that was tossed. 
VA

Thank You Sponsors!