iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 575

Started by Ed_K, November 24, 2005, 09:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Any new info on the 575? I'm thinking of getting one to replace a 2171 Jonsred. Probably w/20" bar.
Ed K

fishhuntcutwood

Do a search in the saw forum.  It's been talked about a bit.  I've never ran one, but the consenus seems to be that it's a decent saw but heavier than it should be.

Get a 372 before they're gone.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

SawTroll

Ditto to what my friend Jeff said!

I have read a lot about it on this and other forums, and the consensus is close to 100% among those who have ran both the 372/2171 and the 575....
Information collector.

sawguy21

Yep. If I wanted the extra weight I'd go to the 395. Tried the 575 and was not impressed. 372 would keep up.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ed_K

Thanks for the reply's, I asked about a 372 but around here, their not to be had. I really don't want to buy a used one as I have enough problems with all the rest of the used stuff I own  :D.
Ed K

fishhuntcutwood

Have you checked Bailey's or Madsen's?  If anyone'll have them it'll be one of them.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Hoop

I have ran both the 372 & 575 on a professional basis.  I've ran Husqvarna's for over 20 years.  I want a saw that will allow me to do some serious production harvesting high grade logs.  I like to cut out about 12 or more tanks of fuel per day.  I'd be lying if I said I did it every day.  

I bought the 575 last November.  I have used it maybe 7 days.  I just happened to use it again this last week when minor items (a broken mount and a broken exhaust stud) sidelined my two 372's.  It was either the 394 or the 575.  I grabbed the 575.
Worked it hard all day.  Wow!  I was so neat-o tired I almost fell asleep at 5:30.

The 575 is a very poor replacement for the 372 if you are using the saw on a professional basis as a means of generating income.  IMHO, you can expect to see a 15 - 20% drop in your income by using the 575.  Forget that the dimwitted engineers replaced a perfectly terrific saw with something that produces the same power but weighs a pound more.  There is something about the vibration dynamics to this saw that just tire me out.
Its kind of like going from riding a new Gold Wing to riding a 30 year old Harley Davidson.

The Gold Wing & HD will both get you from point A to point B just as the 372 & 575 will both cut 10000+ board feet of high grade logs in a day.
Its just that the 372 will take a lot less out of you in doing so.

I would far prefer to use my very well used and nearly worn out 4 year old 372 than to use the almost new 575.  Its a far superior saw that will outproduce the 575.

Frankly, I can't believe there hasn't been a greater backlash to the 575.  After all, the 575 is a professional model.
Before I purchased the 575, I was told that it provided significant "mileage" improvements over the 372.  If there is any difference, its negligible.

I do have a friend that really likes his 575.  But then again, the MOST he ever cuts in a day is 7 tanks.  He AVERAGES 4 tanks a day.

Husqvarna definitely went in the wrong direction with the 575.  My only hope is that they remedy the problem.

beenthere

Your dislike for the 575 came out last winter as well.
Husky 575

Please, "DanG" is the official cussword here.   ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Max sawdust

Beenthere,
That husky 575 link takes me to a jewlery box ???
I assume that was the wrong link ;D
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Ron Scott

I hear both good and bad from our cutters. Some don't like the 575 and some do, but I notice a lot more use of the 395 by those cutting sawlogs. I guess they prefer to carry the added weight in the 395.
~Ron

beenthere

Max
Thanks for picking up on my 'bad'.  :) I fixed it.

I was sending that sycamore pic of the jewelry box to someone who couldn't think of anything good to use sycamore for, and was going to burn it. Mixed it up with the 'copy' function and didn't check it out.  Thanks.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: Hoop on November 25, 2005, 09:38:40 PM
I have ran both the 372 & 575 on a professional basis.  I've ran Husqvarna's for over 20 years.  I want a saw that will allow me to do some serious production harvesting high grade logs.  I like to cut out about 12 or more tanks of fuel per day.  I'd be lying if I said I did it every day.  

I bought the 575 last November.  I have used it maybe 7 days.  I just happened to use it again this last week when minor items (a broken mount and a broken exhaust stud) sidelined my two 372's.  It was either the 394 or the 575.  I grabbed the 575.
Worked it hard all day.  Wow!  I was so neat-o tired I almost fell asleep at 5:30.

The 575 is a very poor replacement for the 372 if you are using the saw on a professional basis as a means of generating income.  IMHO, you can expect to see a 15 - 20% drop in your income by using the 575.  Forget that the dimwitted engineers replaced a perfectly terrific saw with something that produces the same power but weighs a pound more.  There is something about the vibration dynamics to this saw that just tire me out.
Its kind of like going from riding a new Gold Wing to riding a 30 year old Harley Davidson.

The Gold Wing & HD will both get you from point A to point B just as the 372 & 575 will both cut 10000+ board feet of high grade logs in a day.
Its just that the 372 will take a lot less out of you in doing so.

I would far prefer to use my very well used and nearly worn out 4 year old 372 than to use the almost new 575.  Its a far superior saw that will outproduce the 575.

Frankly, I can't believe there hasn't been a greater backlash to the 575.  After all, the 575 is a professional model.
Before I purchased the 575, I was told that it provided significant "mileage" improvements over the 372.  If there is any difference, its negligible.

I do have a friend that really likes his 575.  But then again, the MOST he ever cuts in a day is 7 tanks.  He AVERAGES 4 tanks a day.

Husqvarna definitely went in the wrong direction with the 575.  My only hope is that they remedy the problem.

Hoop makes a good point here. The added weight may not appear to be much but if the saw is used on a dayly basis ( 6-8 hrs.) that will make the difference much much more noticeable!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Ed_K

It looks like I need to find someone close that has one, so I can try it for a day. I'm running a 2171 now with less weight and 7 tanks is a wearout.
The 575 is supposed to be better on fuel, any thoughts on this?
Ed K

beenthere

Quote from: Ed_K on November 27, 2005, 03:21:26 PM
It looks like I need to find someone close that has one, so I can try it for a day. I'm running a 2171 now with less weight and 7 tanks is a wearout.
The 575 is supposed to be better on fuel, any thoughts on this?

Yes, after 7 tanks you will be more worn out.  :)
south central Wisconsin

Corley5

If that 2171 is still getting the job done why not stick with it ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Chris J

Why go to a Husky 372XP when it is a near identical twin to your Jonsered 2171?  I have yet to read a compelling reason to purchase a 575.  Someone mentioned backlash...maybe all those 575s still NIB is a form of backlash.

Chris J.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

ehp

the 575 is a nice saw to run but is heavier and for me doesnot cut as fast as the 372, the problem is that saw has to compete with the 372 but with all the new laws from the EPA the 372 will be gone so this is what you are going to be left with,

Now on saying that up here in my area and the 2 biggest Husky dealers in a 100 mile area has sold Zero 575's , the biggest dealer willnot even bring 1 in and the other dealer has sold 1-570, they both have sold a pile of 455's . The bigger dealer said once the 372's are gone he will sell more 2171's cause they are to be around until 2007

Ed_K

The problem with the 2171 is me, its pretty well worn out. It throws sparks when run wide open for a while like bucking a 35" log. It is consistently breaking the vibration springs. I've tried both the regular & heavy springs. I traded a 920 for it, never liked the 920. To hard to start, course it didn't have a decomp.
Biggest difference is dealer, jon is 12 miles and husky is 4 miles. Price for parts, exactly the same.
I have bought a lot of supplies from Bailey's, but when you add in shipping, it's close to same price at the dealer's. most times I can have the part or piece in hand same day at dealer.
EHP, my dealer hasn't sold one yet either  ;D.
Ed K

rickk

how about looking at the 575 from a slightly different user prospective...

For the 10 cord a year firewood cutter, who uses the first or second tank of gas going empty as an excuse to put the saw away for the day, will the 575 be noticably heavier than the 371's and 372's?

If I am using my 371 for firewood cutting, the end of the second tank of gas is usually when I am ready to put the saw away (I still have to split the whole mess before night comes).

If I have dragged out my Husky 2100, I have just as big a pile of wood after the first tank is done as the 371's second tank, so the end of the first tank is pretty much a welcome relief.

So, if the 371 eventually becomes unrepairable, will the 575 be noticably different for me?

SawTroll

Does it have to be an E-lux product?

Both the MS460 and PS7300/7900 has more power and less weight than the 575.
Information collector.

rickk

I am thinking that it often boils down to what dealer is closest, and if that dealer gives good service. I have 2 Husky dealers near me, and the one I go to most is a fair guy to deal with. I think if they sold another brand I would have gone with them instead.

Of course, once people are into a certain brand, they tend to stick with it unless something bad happens. As long as I can get parts and good service, I will be lazy and stay with Husky.

For what it is worth, saws are not the only thing that happens to... only red tractors area allowed in my barn... none of those green thingies  :)

beenthere

rickk
"well said.", and I agree with you 100% (save for subbing in the saw brand name and exchanging the tractor 'colors'.  ;D ;D    )

The color is only skin deep, as its how we feel that counts, right?  :)
south central Wisconsin

Ed_K

Well I'm going to find out what the 575 will do, and how bad wore out I be at the end of a days cutting. Ordered it this morning, here on Fri.
Dealer says I have 15 days, and if I really hate it, I can bring it back.
Ed K

sawguy21

Quote from: rickk on November 29, 2005, 11:23:17 PM
how about looking at the 575 from a slightly different user prospective...

For the 10 cord a year firewood cutter, who uses the first or second tank of gas going empty as an excuse to put the saw away for the day, will the 575 be noticably heavier than the 371's and 372's?

If I am using my 371 for firewood cutting, the end of the second tank of gas is usually when I am ready to put the saw away (I still have to split the whole mess before night comes).

If I have dragged out my Husky 2100, I have just as big a pile of wood after the first tank is done as the 371's second tank, so the end of the first tank is pretty much a welcome relief.

So, if the 371 eventually becomes unrepairable, will the 575 be noticably different for me?
The guy that goes for beer after the second tank does not generally spend that kind of money for a saw. The 575 is for the pro logger/sawyer and he is going to be picky about the extra weight. Personally, I would lean toward the 570 to replace the 372, broad power band and lighter.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Max sawdust

Sawguy,
I am with you if put a saw away after a few tanks of gas and just cut 10 cords of firewood a year you do not need a professional saw or such a large saw.
The "farm saws" are perfect for those kind of users.

I just don't get it.  I just got done cutting 200 cords of 8 to 28 inch hardwoods this year with a husky 346xp.  Too lazy to put that saw down and go pick up a larger one for felling or bucking the large pieces ::)  Guess I rarely felt underpowered. 
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!