Forum > General Board

Homemade crawler

<< < (3/5) > >>

Modat22:
bill rake sells plans for a mini dozer. His plans are based on a very old design that the forestry used alot back in the 40's I think. I found info myself by looking up "mini dozer" on google and followed a few of those forum links. I did see a couple photos of tracked mini dozers using tractor treads.

heres a link showing a little dozer, its not what your looking for but its a diy design based on an older design that used tracker tire tracks.

http://www.smnet.net/pmwinston/Mill2/2ndsaw.htm

junkyard:
Back when youcould still get the half tracks for your farm tractor several people  built a doodle bug. It was usualy a model A ford with two transmisions and a truck rear end. the steel track were put around the front and rear tiresand seperate brakes on each side . Often the rear tires had tire chains to keep them from slipping on the steel tracks. With the tire track use two donut spares with a space between them then bolt a tapered block to the track to keep them in line. T%he front axle was sometimes boxed with a coil spring from a car to put tension on the tracks.         
                                          Junkyard

Modat22:
ahh I have a correction. Those mini dozer's where popular and sold around the mid 60's, many where powered with a Wisconsin single or double cylinder

johncinquo:
Red Green made one up at Possum Lodge one time.  I'll see when it comes on again in re-runs and make sure I tape it.  I think it involved and Eldorado and several pieces of snow fence.   :D

Corley5:
Musta involved duct tape too ??? eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version