iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Michigan thieves

Started by Kevin, November 18, 2005, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

This is bigger than average ...

QuoteLast night our facility was broken in to. Approx. 75 grand in equipment gone. Blowers, shears, stick saws, chain saws, drills. mason saws, riding mowers, ect. Keep an eye out, found out that we are the third company to be hit in a row. Guard yourselves, this was a big hit and took alot of equipment to move everything they took.

chet

Kevin,
Can you expand a little?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

Chet;
That's from the BUZZ, I asked where in Michigan and he said the East side where ever that is?
It looks like a large operation that's taking the equipment.

Deadwood

My heart goes out to these people, even if it is a corportion. My parents went through a fire so I know what it is like to lose your tools and stuff. At least with a fire though, it's an accident, or neglect, or not fully thinking.

Theivery is just despicable!

I could go on and on, but I will stop here. Sorry for the rant, but I absolutely despise theives that take people's hard earned tools and equipment. I absolutely hate them.

Jeff

The theft was in Michigan, the thieves probably came from Ohio. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Quartlow

Quote from: Jeff B on November 18, 2005, 11:29:14 AM

more leikely they came from detroit  :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Mr Mom

Modat22

Well its the start of the major burglar season, every year as it gets close to christmas we start taking precautions. Like chaining the atv's to tractors, putting important papers in those places I built into walls and floor and trying to batton down the expensive easy to sell tools.

I installed an alarm 2 years ago when 2 houses near to my living place where broken into, the sherif around here doesn't do much ether so we now call the state police for every problem.
remember man that thy are dust.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Quote from: Quartlow on November 18, 2005, 12:32:27 PM
more leikely they came from detroit :D :D

I agree since in my mind, Detroit isn't part of MI or OH! ;)

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on November 18, 2005, 11:29:14 AM

:D :D :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Frank_Pender

Had one here in the nieghborhood at a friends garage with my Karcher power washer and myleaf blower.   I put the word on the street that if and when I find them I will blow them away.    >:(  I told the deputy, who was one of my students a few years ago, that I would bury them in a shallow space to let the cougars and utes have their remains.  He asked that I buury them deep, as those critters tend to drag things around and it would just cause more trouble for the investigators. 8) :'(
Frank Pender

submarinesailor

Right on Frank!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Quartlow

Quote from: Jeff B on November 18, 2005, 01:23:54 PM
Yer the closest one to pick on. :D

Don't worry Mr Mom, Jeff's just jealous so he pokes fun at us, I just wish he wouldn't use a pointy stick!! :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Mr Mom

i live on the east side of ohio closer to  P.A. about 15 min to line.
20-25 mins to lake erie. i dont live in ohio just in my own little world ;D ;D

Quartlow

Quote from: Mr Mom on November 18, 2005, 09:53:59 PM
i live on the east side of ohio closer to  P.A. about 15 min to line.
20-25 mins to lake erie. i dont live in ohio just in my own little world ;D ;D

Yeah I'm just south of you a ways, right below youngstown
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

maple flats

Hope they get caught before they get to central NY. I don't have anything locked up except my sugarhouse and that would be fairly easy to break into if they tried. Always thought locks only keep honest people out and I don't know any dis honest ones. Better check my insurance.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Mr Mom

Quartlow -- how long to get to your place from ashtabula ??? might need to take a trip and get away from the house???  what kind of mill do you have???

Quartlow

About an hour and a half. I've got an old breezewood mil but she will still git r done
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

solodan

Quote from: Frank_Pender on November 18, 2005, 05:31:35 PM
>:( I told the deputy, who was one of my students a few years ago, that I would bury them in a shallow space to let the cougars and utes have their remains.
Frank, digging is hard work, the T-bone necklace method is real effective for luring in the big cats for some supper.

Frank_Pender

Soladan, you are so right, but I do not want the neighbors complaining about the tree decorations. :D
Frank Pender

inspectorwoody

My father is prob behind 20+ burglary and theft cases right now and more are always coming in. Our town is probably about 7500 people.

I think the meth problem is the driving force behind them. Last big one we had the people broke into Hardware Hank and took 31 shotguns. I am sure they are in Chicago by now on the black market. Simple dumb things are being taken in the other ones. Change, radios etc. If a vehicle is unlocked, they take what they want.

Hope they do find who did that as I don't see how they can get far hauling large equipment that has been reported stolen unless they headed in to Canada.

Gadget

Tom

Yard maintenance crews have a bad time down here.  For the longest time their trailers would be pilfered as they were working in the yard.  People with pickups would stop, remove a string trimmer or two and drive off.  The policeman I was talking to yesterday said that they didn't have as much of a problem with the pilfering now.  The thieves are taking everything, truck, trailer, tools, the whole thing.  The owners are left with nothing but what they happened to have in their hand.

Thank You Sponsors!