iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

@#&%*^ Inept people

Started by chet, November 17, 2005, 07:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Called around today to find some new tires for my pickup. I finally found what I wanted , but they where 55 miles away. Having been assured that the correct number, type and size tires where in stock and on hold for me, we went for a ride.
A totally wasted trip.    :(  Not only did they not have the tires I wanted and they had promised me, but they didn't have any truck or SUV tires at all. Unless you count summer tread. And that ain't gonna work around here this time of year.   >:(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Fla._Deadheader

Chester, all we can buy down here are Mud and Snow ???  I actually had a brain fart one day and asked the inevitible question, How come ???  Guy told me, all the Snowbirds buy them before going North.

Funny thing about Snowbirds, they go North in the late SPRING ???  is there a hidden Snow Belt between Fl. and say, Ohio ???  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

I get that all the time here Chet. They think you live just across the street.  Alot of those type of places have a revolving door and you see new faces every time you enter the place. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chet

I really wanted ta get some new tires. Jeff and tammy are stoppin' by next week. And dat ole boy gits a little nervous when we head out into da wilderness on bald tires. He tends to worry too much.  ;D

Last year he had ta ride on da back bumper for traction.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

chet

I think he was too busy hangin' on.   ;D

isawlogs

Chet .. or Chester  ;D
Here I can get all the tires I want ... if you like all season tires . But have to order in snow tires .. go figure ... I think that the guy ordering in tires beleaves every body lives in a highrise with indoor garage and gets up at ten after the roads have been melted down from the salt and calcium they put on them ... 
I never change my tires on my pick up in the spring ... just drive with the mud and snows on ... When the life is gone outa them I just order a new set for the truck

I beleave that they should ban those all season tires where ever there is snow ... they are probably reall good for spring summer and fall ... but sure aint any use in snow . 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

How many do you want???? What size??? What Brand?????   What are they for(make and model).   I tink I might have a brand new set of bald wire showin air leakin tires here for ya ta take da boss for a ride with. :D ;D :o 8) ::)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Quote from: Chet on November 17, 2005, 08:49:22 PM
I really wanted ta get some new tires. Jeff and tammy are stoppin' by next week. And dat ole boy gits a little nervous when we head out into da wilderness on bald tires. He tends to worry too much.  ;D

Last year he had ta ride on da back bumper for traction.  :D

Yep, no time to be worrying. We were stuck on ice in a dip 3 hours drive on back roads into the ottawa not seeing a single other soul or track and probably 2 days walk backout
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Quote from: Jeff B on November 17, 2005, 10:33:46 PM

Yep, no time to be worrying. We were stuck on ice in a dip 3 hours drive on back roads into the ottawa not seeing a single other soul or track and probably 2 days walk backout

This is cause for concern ...  ??? ;) ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Furby

Branches! ;)

How did a 3 hour drive in, turn into a 2 day walk out ???
You stopping to smell the roses or something ???
I figure even a one legged fellow could do it in under a day and a half!  :D :D :D

Jeff

Yea, because Chet's kinda scrawny and I figure as a food source, he woulda only lasted me a day.

Jeff

How do ya figure that?  40 mile an hour driving and a brisk walk is only 3

isawlogs

Furby would be walking back out cross crountry ...  ;)

Marcel

Furby

Ah, a brisk walk is 5 isn't it? You were really doing 40 ??? The WHOLE three hours?

Quote from: Jeff B on November 17, 2005, 10:38:52 PM
Yea, because Chet's kinda scrawny and I figure as a food source, he woulda only lasted me a day.
smiley_antlers

Quote from: isawlogs on November 17, 2005, 10:42:29 PM
Furby would be walking back out cross crountry ... ;)
;)

Jeff

3 weeks then, unless he had snow shows. then maybe a week.

Jeff

Yes we were, and I think it was 4 or 5 hours now that I think of it and it was all downhill making the walk out up hill. And I think there was 3 river fordings and an indian attack.

Furby

And the fish was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis, no wait, thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big  eh? :D
I'm light enough I don't need snow shoes. ;)

Fla._Deadheader

Y'all ever hear of sand up thata way ??
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

In da middle of winter under 8' of snow ???

chet

I better look harder fur dem tires.  Not to mention gitten lots of hotdogs and munchies.  Just in case SOMEBODY gits dat hungery look.  :o

Fla._Deadheader

Guess you was never a Boy Scout, Furb ??  Ya don't wait till the snow flies to cut yer faarwood does ya ??
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

Harrold ... lots of sand only would of been under the white frosting ...  but why .. when you got a passenger tp help out with traction and or pushun .  ???
Had you guys went on only but for a few more rivers and a few more injun attacks  you could of made it here , I would of fed you some good ol pea soup hot off the stove .

Marcel

chet

Quote from: Furby on November 17, 2005, 10:51:43 PM
In da middle of winter under 8' of snow ???

Furby,
Ya forgot frozen into one giant sand rock too.   ::)

Furby

Want me to come along to protect ya ???
I figure I can film all the fun you get into as well. ;D

Harold,
Ya gotta use kitty litter, that sand freezes in da back of da truck!

That's what I ment Chet. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!