iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stupid Signs

Started by PawNature, November 16, 2005, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawNature

I saw a sign tacked on the side of a outbuilding today that said.
Wood Lumber for Sale. I thought to myself I haven't seen to much steel lumber or plastic lumber for that matter.
Here's one I saw on the net.

What kind of stupid signs have you seen?
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

SwampDonkey

Not a sign, but my father would say something like this in a heavy rain: 'Gee that's a wet rain'  ::) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PawNature

Yea I heard an old fellow I was working for when I was younger, say that he had to rest before he went to bed. Didn't make much sence thill I got older.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

SwampDonkey

My uncle gets up at 4 am so he can go to sleep on the old couch on the porch. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

Every time I drive past a "bump ahead" sign now my meesus turns, wags a finger at me and says "Don't you dare!".  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Deadwood

Back when I worked for the Maine DOT, one day we went out and put up a total of 3 bump signs. Yes, that was a full 8 hour shift for a total of 3 bump signs. When we got back to the camp and got ready fr home I asked the foreman.

"Wouldn't it have taken just as much time to fix the bumps in the first place?"

Thats a very sad, but true story.

Ron Wenrich

You mean signs like "Caution - Men Working"  or "Fine for Littering".   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Frank_Pender

He is a good one I see, just South of Dallas on the Kings Valley Highway:  "Dip in the road".

Now, I have been called many things, among them, the above by the state highway department.
Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Frank_Pender on November 16, 2005, 07:47:51 PM
He is a good one I see, just South of Dallas on the Kings Valley Highway:  "Dip in the road".

Now, I have been called many things, among them, the above by the state highway department.

::) You set yourself up for something I don't dare post, cause I don't want to be disrespectful for so I'll just....  :-X :-X :-X :-X

DanG

It is common to see signs that say, "Slow children playing."  ::) ???

My favorite is, "Speed detected by detection devices."  Really? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don_Papenburg

What about them new picture signs that replace the ones that had words. Stop ahead is now ahead stop . 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Quartlow

I always liked

Caution, hidden driveway.
  :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DanG

:D :D  There should be a sign in the driveway that says, "Caution, hidden highway."  ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Part_Timer

As you travel south through West Virginia on 77 there is a sign that says speed detected by arial survalance.  The funny part is that it is 100 yards before you get to the tunnels through the mountain. ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

isawlogs

On the highway here there are signs that tells you of  deer crossing ... a little bit farther on .. there is a sign telling you that the deer are not all on the sign .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

getoverit

I was going down a road in the mountains of NC when I saw a sign that read "slow children at play"...... went just a short distance and the next sign read "slow men at work"...... I guess them slow children grew up and were still slow when they were at work....

well, to top it off, just about another 300 yards there was a sign that read "slow funeral"
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Frank_Pender

That is ok, Swampdonkey, I tought 7th graders like that for 30 years.    ;D  Besides, I knew I was opening a door, you were the first through the opening. :)
Frank Pender

woodbowl

Kids will be kids won't they?  Saw a sign that said "stop ahead" What do they do? Well ............. they grab each other by the head!
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

Fraxinus is not making a statement, the admins replaced the stupid signs above in his posts with our own. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

has someone been sent to the woodshed  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ianab

While we were on holdiay over New Year up North someone had stuck these stickers on all the 'Cow' signs in the area.

For some reason we found it very amusing  :D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

So is that what you say when you smack one on the highway? ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I want to give a precautionary warning about using photos from other websites since on a thread like this it is so tempting to do so. Its NOT allowable. Linking to them, or "Borrowing" them and placing them in our gallery is not an option either. Either one would be a violation of someone elses web content and band width.

Many photos now are being "digimarked", meaning they can be tracked, even after being optimized or edited. You all are responsible for your own posts in this regard.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

"Blind Hill"   Well I can see it! :D

Murf

Quote from: isawlogs on November 16, 2005, 10:35:58 PM
On the highway here there are signs that tells you of  deer crossing ...

DanG, our deer can't read, they just cross wherever they feel like it.  :D  :D  :D

A couple miles south of my place there is a "deer crossing" sign, the little pictogram of a deer jumping, somebody put a little red sticker over the tip of the nose, it's reflective. Now I see Rudolph every night.  :D

The DOT people put a sign up pointing to my little airport too, a green rectabgle with a pictogram of an airplane, the kids at the parachute school that fly out of it put a sticker on the sign, now there's a parachutist jumping out of the airplane pictogram.  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!