iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is summer over?

Started by Larry, November 15, 2005, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Deer huntin Saturday in my shorts, swatting flies and skeeters...and now this nasty white stuff.  Least the deer will be easier to see. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ernie

Heck no!!!

It's just starting here.  Tomatoes, Cucs melons and pumpkins just started flowering.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

crtreedude

Let's see - ours starts in January. Even though we are on the same side of the world - the dry season is called summer (January - April) and the Wet season is called Winter (May - December)

Temperature just fluctuates a little - not enough to matter.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Tom_Averwater

I think summer will be over in about 5 hours here in southwest Ohio. I just saw the weather report and we are supposed to get what Missouri got. Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

farmerdoug

It is raining here now but they are calling for snow starting tomorrow morning. :o :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

chet

Da weatherman is sayin' we might wake up to a foot of dat white stuff in da mornin'. :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jodi

We just started getting frost here the other day, and earlier today we had our first snowfall this year.  8) smiley_elf

getoverit

It is still summer here in northeast florida. The leaves have started falling off of the trees though (as if I needed something else to do). Enjoy the cool weather while you can!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DanG

Better Getoverit, Getoverit.  It's gonna be down in the thutties and fawties fer the next week or so, with highs in the sicksties. Supposed ta rain tonite, hereabouts, so it'll probbley be your way by mornin'.

BTW, welcome to our little playpen.  Glad to have another Fla. boy aboard. 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

We's gittin sqwalls over hnyar  ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ohsoloco

Enjoy the cool weather  ??? 

This has been an especially fine indian summer  :)

Don K

I hope we get some rain and some cool weather out of this front. I was working on my shed this weekend and I had to keep a two gallon water cooler close by and was swatting mosquitos in the afternoons at dusk. We haven't had but about a 1/2 inch of rain in over a month. The turnip patch is a bust.   :-[  :'(
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

getoverit

I could use some cool weather to see how this fresh batch of hickory firewood is going to burn...

I sent 5 logs off to the sawmill yesterday and a crane is supposed to come tomorrow morning to pick up the big whack of logs and put them on the trailer so I can haul them to the sawmill too.

I'm getting antsy to see what kind of pretty wood these logs are going to yield.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

chet

We easily got a 3" of dat white stuff in da last hour.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ohsoloco

I think it's coming my way for this weekend, Chet  :)

Furby

They are calling for 3" of the white stuff here over the next day or so............
Thinking I might just watch Bugs again tomorrow. ;D ;)

Patty

We got our first snow yesterday...only about an inch or so. Most of it went south of us.

Today it is cold and very windy.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

Yesterday at 6pm it was 67°F.  By this evening it is supposed to be 37°F.  Could be the end of summer or it could be the brief cool down before Indian Summer kicks in until Christmas.  I am voting for the latter.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

crtreedude

Nope, still no snow here.... I think the extended forcast says no snow until the ice age comes again...

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Paschale

Got the white stuff here today...and it's still coming down.  Bummer that I didn't get the leaves raked...   ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Kevin_H.

yesterday before that nasty little front came though it was in the mid 60's, now it is 33, what a bummer, had to wear the carharts for the first time today... :(
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

Got so bad here, we hadda turn on the ..............................................A/C :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

I'm up to about 4" right now, gotta go try and get the pool pump brought in.
Got caught up with getting the furnace running last night and forgot to bring the pump in while it was still warmer out. ::)
Gonna need some hot water to get the hoses off. :-\

Ernie

I found some snow 8) 8) 8)

Guess it's time to defrost the freezer ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

isawlogs

We got about three inches here yesterday , had my first snowball fight with my daughter and one of her friends . 8) It rained all day and it is suposed to snow in the morning .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!