iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Introducin' myself...howdy!

Started by David B, November 15, 2005, 12:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David B

Howdy...new member. Part-time sawyer from Californy, land of the fruits and nuts. I'm a nut.  8)Spent most of my boyhood in the woods in Washington State...hadn't messed with trees much since, til some friends of mine needed some big Salt Cedars (Google that, pretty interesting) removed. So I jumped in to help, of course, with my saw (more on that below), truck (I love the smell of diesel in the morning) and 8N (gotta love old tractors!) Still need to build a couple implements at my family's business (www.wymoreinc.com) for the tractor to finish the job . They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe the best way to introduce myself is to post a linky to my Yahoo! Photo album. Browse around and you'll see who I am. The folder called Soboleski's contains my tree adventures of late. Good to meet ya'll, take care. 

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmbyrum8185/my_photos

I have a 1997 Jonsered 2050 that was given to me in lieu of wages, rarely used, like new. Dropped it and broke the plastic housing and brake handle in middle of a job. It's my only saw. Missed TWO auctions on Ebay for 2050s, none left, can't find any on the net.  I waited for a week for one auction to end and missed it. Now I really need a saw! Thanks for any ideas/recommendations. Like to get a parts saw, or running one and use mine for parts, whatever..  Grin - David.

Machine and welding shop day job, trees after work.

CHARLIE

Welcome to the forum David B! 8)  Grab that nail keg over there and pull it up to the pot bellied stove and sit awhile.  There's a lot of good people here with good humor and lots of knowledge about DanG near anything. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

David B

Mucho gracias. Looked around a bit,  I like the feel of this boad. You guys are all right. I'm gonna post up my tractor implement ideas in my album...then when I actually get 'em built and use 'em.

Paschale

Welcome David...glad you found us!  You're gonna like it 'round here.   :)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

Goood marn'n from the far NE. Some of the greet parade never  sleep around here.  ::) :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PawNature

Welcome from the hill of Eastern Kentucky. I found this place not to long ago and it is my number one hang out now. Always something interesting going on.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Frank_Pender

Welcome, David.  It is always good to have another from the Left Coast join the Forum.  Whereabouts is el centrro, California,  located? ???
Frank Pender

Modat22

Howdy from Irvington KY, where the corn grows tall and green *Eyes the corn field*. Hey thats not corn  >:(
remember man that thy are dust.

broker farmer

Man, you've sure got a lot of really neat toys.  'Sure wish we were neighbors!

Ernie

Welcome from clean, green, nuclear-free New Zealand.

Do they eats GRITS in CA
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

David B

Quote from: broker farmer on November 15, 2005, 12:09:43 PM
Man, you've sure got a lot of really neat toys.  'Sure wish we were neighbors!

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about...all those pix of buggies n stuff aren't mine, I'm just dreaming. I have the Jeep (torn apart for a couple years now) And the Dodge I can barely keep going. I actually drive a '94 Geo Metro daily to save $ on fuel, haha! The pretty girl is my wife though, and the cute kid is my son (proud dad!)

Greeits?

David B

Oh, and ah, how about that Jonsy 2050? Any Ideas? Thanks!

David B

Quote from: Frank_Pender on November 15, 2005, 09:09:42 AM
Welcome, David.  It is always good to have another from the Left Coast join the Forum.  Whereabouts is el centrro, California,  located? ???

The very southeast corner of CA - 1.5 hours from San Diego to the west, 15 minutes from Mexicali (Mexico) to the south, Yuma, AZ to the east. Imperial Valley, big farming area in the middle of the desert. Water comes in off the Colorado  by canal. How do I get on the member map?

UNCLEBUCK

Welcome David B !  My name is also David B but everyone knows me as U.B. . You norwegian? ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

getoverit

A friend of mine owns a saw shop in Rabun Gap, Georgia. Not only is he a johnsred dealer, but he has a ton of used saws of all brands for sale. His name is Mike Penland, and can be reached at 706-746-2812. He also has a knack of having parts for a lot of hard to find saws too.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Danny_S

Welcome to the Forum! Lots of good folks and info in here.
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

David B

I'm part German, part Lithuanian, part English....little American Indian in there too.  ;D

getoverit: thanks a bunch for the lead, sounds promising.   8)

Jodi

Welcome to the forum! smiley_rainbow_colors I'm pretty sure you'll love it here. I enjoy it tons, and I don't even know anything about forestry!  ;D

DanG

Welcome David! 8)  Sorry about the California thing, but you ain't so deep in it that ya can't hike out. ;) :D :D

Ya might want to post your 2050 question on the Chainsaw board.  There are some real chainsaw geeks over there that don't even look at the rest of the forum.  They got what ya want.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

David B

Ya well I live here...but I wasn't born here. I like the physical state, not much else.  ;D

Thank you kindly for the suggestion! DanG....

Jeff

Welcome David B.   

Here is a link to fair instructions on placing yourself on the members map.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10695.0
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

David B

Thanks Jeff B...I almost got it, but it was doing the trees in the text thing. I'll go try again.

Jeff

I think you did get it. I looked.  THe tree in the text is your browser timing out. when it does that, hit refresh
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

David B

Yep, there I am...now that you know where I live, drop in sometime, haha! Prolly the only guy with a saw for 100 miles. 

Frickman

If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!