iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The poor chickens that didn't pay attention.

Started by Modat22, November 14, 2005, 01:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

I took a tree down Saturday for my neighbor, before I started the cut I made sure the the dogs, chickens, people where not in the way.

After notching I started the back cut, as the tree started to fall 9 chickens ran under the tree, and 3 got flattened.

I kinda felt bad about it but we all laughed a bit after the accident and chicken little jokes.

I played taps latter that night as I buried them in flour and fried them in the skillet.
remember man that thy are dust.

bitternut

See..........chicken little was right. The sky was falling. That was a real nice gesture playing taps.

pigman

Now tell the truth. ::) You were hungry for fried chicken and put feed where the tree was going to fall.  smiley_chop
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Modat22

That was some of the best fried chicken I've had for awhile. They didn't have much mean on them though, my neighbor was going to throw them in the woods but I couldn't see wasting them.

Ernie

Quote from: Modat22 on November 14, 2005, 08:12:39 PM
That was some of the best fried chicken I've had for awhile. T

Were they so old that you had to hit them with such a big tenderizer ;D ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Modat22

Quote from: Ernie on November 14, 2005, 08:27:44 PM
Quote from: Modat22 on November 14, 2005, 08:12:39 PM
That was some of the best fried chicken I've had for awhile. T

Were they so old that you had to hit them with such a big tenderizer ;D ;D

Not sure but that was some tender chicken, for now on I'll not use an axe, I'll drop a tree on all my chickens I butcher. :D

sawguy21

So why did the chicken cross under the tree? :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DouginUtah

Quote from: sawguy21 on November 14, 2005, 10:39:21 PM
So why did the chicken cross under the tree? :D :D :D

To prove to the beaver that it can be done--oops!  :(

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D :D That beaver's daddy must have missed a few lessons or junior just plumb forgot.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

That poor dead beaver sure gets around alot. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Frickman

Not to turn this thread to a down note, but last week a former pro football player was killed here in our county when he tried to save his dog after it ran under a tree he was felling. Be careful out there guys.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

DanG

I had to drop a big, beetle-killed pine in my yard a while back.  I had everything all cleared out, but one of the dogs, ol' Knothead, found himself on one side of the tree, and all the others were on the other side.  They was all just settin' there, watchin' Papa do his thing, but when the tree started down, Knothead started feelin' insecure and made a mad dash for the others.  I thought he was a goner for sure, but he did some of the fanciest scrambling you ever saw.  He came out without a scratch, but I didn't see him again for about a half-hour.  He had come back, and been checked for injuries, by the time I got the next tree cabled and ready to drop.  When I cranked up the saw, he lit out for the woods again, and didn't come back for a WHILE! :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Dang, that's kind of like the barn cats and the two step'n cows in the barn story I read here somewhere. Only your dog favored much better than the cats.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Yup!  The dog done better'n them chickens, too. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

asy

Quote from: DanG on November 15, 2005, 09:46:51 PM
Yup!  The dog done better'n them chickens, too. :D :D

Probably a good thing, too...

Not entirely convinced it would have done as well fricasee'd...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

Noop!  It woulda took a direct hit to tenderize ol' Knothead. :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!