iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ROACHES ... How to get rid of em'

Started by woodbowl, November 11, 2005, 12:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

I guess you could just start feeding them  and selling them as a tasty treat. That woman in the tomb raider movies eats giant roaches as a low carb snack.
remember man that thy are dust.

Tom

Actually, if you weren't concerned about what they had been walking over or had some way of making sure that the micro-organisms and toxicities were eliminated, toasted cockroach would probably be fairly nutritive.

I just never have been that hungry.  :D

Texas Ranger

Has any one mentioned pointy toe shows yet, you know to get into the corners? :P
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

The one thing that Texas Cowboys and New York Hoods have in common.  :D :D

Gary_C

Thats what cowboy boots were made for. Killing cockroaches in the corners.

Say DanG
My father in law always used to say "a rich man has one dog and a poor man has two." I dont know what he would say about EIGHT.  :) :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Modat22

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 11, 2005, 03:11:29 PM
Has any one mentioned pointy toe shows yet, you know to get into the corners? :P

Thats how the first line dance was created.
remember man that thy are dust.

Radar67

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on November 11, 2005, 01:34:17 PM

I know how to get rid of roaches and keep them away.  It is proven to work as I worked in Conway AR for a rental company who spent $4, grand a year on bug spray for the 200 plus rental units.  (Most were very low rent)  Roaches were very bad in some.   If I could get the people to stay clean I could get rid of them.   I never told the company what I was doing as the tight wad would not pay me extra for my doings.  So when I left so did my organic non poision roach control.   Being a life long Southerner (ain't GOD good!) I can say I have not had to live with roaches.   OOPs customer I have to go.

So, are you going to keep the secret, or spill it?  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodbowl

Yea Arky, we're waiting for your customer to leave.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

ARKANSAWYER

Sorry!,  I sold 500 bdft so I stayed to saw out 800 more for stock.

Hint,  They are green.     ;D   (no, not my tooth)

ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

pigman

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on November 11, 2005, 10:16:26 PM

Hint, They are green. ;D (no, not my tooth)

ARKANSAWYER
Do they make green g r i t s. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

woodbowl

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on November 11, 2005, 10:16:26 PM

Hint,  They are green.     
Green ..........hummm ...................... Arky, you got green chickens?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

ARKANSAWYER

NOPE!   grits is only green if you put them hot peppers in there.

NOPE!  most chickens is red around here and wife won't let them in the house any more since one messed on the table. ::)

Hint:  theys ripe this time of year.
ARKANSAWYER

pigman

ARKANSAWYER

To the Pigman goes the prize!

I learnt this many years ago and it has proven true many times.   After all have you ever seen a cockroach in a hedge apple tree?   ???  Get a few apples and slice them up and put them under counters and behind places that are dark like hot water heater and around and under the house.   They do not smell and will turn brown in a few weeks.   All I know if you keep the place clean and put these oranges everywhere you can the roaches will move out.    Try it.  It is cheap, easy and you do not have to worry about pets.
  We need to get a prize for the tip of the week.   ;D
ARKANSAWYER

CHARLIE

Ha! :D  I was told that hedge apples will keep spiders out of the room they are put in.  So....I bought 4 or 5 of them and put them around in my shop.  A while later, I threw them all away when I discovered cobwebs attached to them. ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

pigman

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on November 11, 2005, 11:19:02 PM

We need to get a prize for the tip of the week.   ;D
I will give you a prize of a dozen hedge apples if you pay for the shipping. ;)

DanG

I know about road apples and such, but what the heck is a hedge apple? ??? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodbowl

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on November 11, 2005, 11:19:02 PM

All I know if you keep the place clean and put these oranges everywhere you can the roaches will move out.
What's a hedge apple?  Is it an apple or an orange?  It sounds sorta' like a hog orange. Some people call them hog sloughs. Is it the same as trifolia?

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Furby

Fla._Deadheader

DanG, ya don't get out much, Son  ::) ::) ;D ;D

It's about the size of a grapefruit, and if ya ever take one on the ole gourd, you won't forget it. They are almost hard. Will break a windshield if one drops while yer drivin by, under overhanging limbs, along the Hwy. Tough to dig yer finger nails into.

That's the fruit from them Osage's Kirk Allen keeps scorin.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

They work.  Don't know why they work but we have no roaches.

We used to play ball with them when we was kids.  'Course we was poor and had little else to play with and had already worn out all the rocks close by.  Four dry cow pies, an old fence post and a hedge apple the game was on.  When we wore one out we could just fetch another and go again.  They will also go through the window of a house. :o
ARKANSAWYER

Furby

Anyone wanna tell me the best way to sprout one?

pigman

They seem to be spread around here by animals. They eat them and spread the little seeds like the birds doo.  Then on second thought maybe you should not eat them; just bury them in the ground. I really don't know how they spread, but my neighbor has a bunch and I keep getting sprots that are hard to cut with a bushhog. :(

Tom_Averwater

To sprout osage  you got to mash em and take the seeds out . I can't remember if they need to be dried or not before planting. Dad sprouted a bunch of them one year . I got the job of planting the sprouts.
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!