iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homestead photos

Started by pigman, November 09, 2005, 09:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

This is a picture of our homestead including the old hog barns that contain my sawmill. The picture has about onethird of the whole farm. The witch took the picture in May of this year while she was on one ofher broom trips. :o
Use this thread to post pictures of your homesteads, farms or houses. There are several pictures  already scattered on the forum.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Must have been snowing hard when she took the pic eh? ;D

pigman

No Furby, this old man forgot to post the picture. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Radar67

Pigman,
     How do you keep all that grass cut?? ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Paul_H

Bob,you have a very nice farm.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Are those all ponds or puddles?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Paul H has a good looking place too.  
This is a picture of his home including
servants quarters and Mother-in-law house.

Paul_H

pigman

Quote from: Radar67 on November 09, 2005, 10:02:51 PM
Pigman,
     How do you keep all that grass cut?? ;D
The cows eat the grass on the rough areas and I cut the ridge tops for hay.
Quote from: Jeff B on November 09, 2005, 10:15:12 PM
Are those all ponds or puddles?
The big ones are ponds and the small ones could be puddles. The two next to the long buildings were lagoons before they were ponds. ;)

OneWithWood

Nice pic, Bob.  Do you rent the witch out?  I would like to get an arial photo of our place but I have not found a reasonably priced way to do it yet.  I guess I could take flying lessons and get the instructor to buzz over to my side of the county.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Coon

OWW,  I would with my ultralight helicopter BUT  I think it would be a little bit cold right about now and I think that it is a little far. ;D :D 8)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

There was an outfit around here taking aerial photos of your farm or house. And without consent from the owner to begin with, they were sending bills along with photos you never asked for. When mother got one in the mail, she kept the photo and tossed the bill in the trash. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mike_Barcaskey

hey pigman, how many muskrats in those ponds?
that looks great!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Stump Jumper

now i can see where the best camping spots are  eh?  ;D
keep the pics coming lookin good  8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Larry

Picture taken 7 years ago in November.

Some of the neighbors have remarked that well, err things...change when you turn off the road into our drive. :D ;D :D ;D  I've even heard our homestead referred to as the Funny Farm. ???  Whataya suppose they mean by that comment? ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

pigman

Quote from: Mike_Barcaskey on November 10, 2005, 10:59:30 AM
hey pigman, how many muskrats in those ponds?
that looks great!
None at this time 8). Back about 10 years ago they got in the pond to the left of the house and lowered it about 6 ft. >:(
A lady stopped here last week with the aerial photo. She wanted $200 ,but  was willing to take  less. ;)

Modat22

thats a real pretty place pigman.

I live here, its a really bad sat photo, I have loads of trees though.
remember man that thy are dust.

Paul_H

Our place is the house with the Green roof and our property is a long 150' wide panhandle that widens out in the back.Most all the property is cleared but the neighbours on both sides are treed.

This pic was taken about halfway down the field looking back toward Mt Currie,  our house and the direction from which the first pic was taken (1999)

oakiemac

You all got some nice places!

My buddy has a little remote controlled air plane that has a camera setup in it. It takes sweet pictures that look just like the professional ones. Unfortunately he crashed the plane before he could get over to take pictures of my place.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Paul_H

Oakie,
that reminds me of something I saw a couple of weeks back.When we were working up a logging road in the Callaghan Valley I saw a car with a trailer spinning it's way up the road and on the side of the trailer it advertised "Blimp Photography"
I would have liked to talk to the guy and find out more but it seemed like an interesting concept.I wonder if it was tethered or remote controlled?

Furby

Probly tethered, they are cheaper and easier to use.
Actually, anyone can use one and they are not that expensive, well last time I checked anyways.
The expense is in the gas. You can even buy weather ballons for a few bucks and use one on a tether.
The hard part if you want to take pics, is to use a light enough camera that you can still trigger. The "kits" that you buy, are for SLRs.
With todays digital video cameras, I would think it would be pretty easy to fly one up running, and then do a screen capture.
Might have to try one of these at the piggy roast eh? ;D

They even have small remote controlled blimps that will float around your house or office, but are just too small/underpowered to be used out side.

Personally, I'd rather have a paraplane to shot from! ;) ;D

oakiemac

I flew in a paraplane once. It was awesome. YOu don't go fast or high but you just kind of buzz along and take in the scenery. We scared the living daylights out of some deer. I think they would be great for deer hunting but the DNR might frown upon it. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Furby

Passed up two of them on auctions in the past year.
REALLY want one......... enough to sell my mill if I thought I could get a good one with those $$$, but I can't. ::)
They fly around here ALL the time, as many as 6-8 at a time once in a while.
Up at the lake a guy has a two seater. He flys down just over your head less then 20' or so while we are fishing.
WAY cool!!!! 8) 8) 8)

pigman

Furby, don't you live in town. You could go to the roof of a  neighbors house and take a picture of your homestead.

Thank You Sponsors!