iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Perpetual motion - your inventions please

Started by woodbowl, November 07, 2005, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

My Uncle is quite an inventor. ..........Oh, he hasn't actually built any of them, but he can really come up with some doozie ideas. He wants to be able to generate electricty by running a small generator that runs a  motor that runs a larger generator that runs a larger motor that runs a larger generator that runs a larger motor that ............well, you get the idea. After a while your running a big system like the fellow that powered everything in his chicken house. Hopefully he will remember his name so I can go check it out. ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Modat22

I honestly found an interesting toy a long time ago and there are still web pages around about.

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/smotidx.htm

I build this little toy and found the claims to be true and easily repeatable by anyone with a few identical magnets and a couple hack saw blades. If a person found a way to close the loop this would almost run forever (until the ball became magetised)
remember man that thy are dust.

slowzuki

I looked over the page and can't quite follow what he is doing but it appears he is using a pair of magnets and a ramp to make a magnetic spring.  There is a flaw in the math somewhere as it will always lose energy while moving, it is impossible to create free energy. ;)

Modat22

I built the ramp as he has on the page. The ramp lifted the ball 12 mm up the ramp and ball broke away from the magnet field.

Note I said it lifted the ball up the ramp (from a complete stop).

It does work BTW, and a person can easily recreate the experiment. I'm not saying its creating energy, over time the ball itself will become magnetized and the process would halt.

Tom

A computer engineer I knew had bought a piece of land way back in the boonies and was going to build a DC house.   The land was next to the Right of Way of a high power transmission line so he built a large coil to run parralell with the High Power lines and generate "free" electricity.   The county found out what he was trying to do and stopped him.  Seems that they considered it stealing power.  :D :D

Bill

Tom

Liked your story about the engineer. Seems to me that the county should double check their logic before they file charges. When TV, radio, 2 way radio and such came out I thought the ruling was that once you put a "signal" out on the "air waves" it became public domain for anyone willing to invest in an antenna ( Radio Free Europe, CIA, BBC, etc ). So this guy is clever and uses a neat antenna - I don't think he's stealing when he watches TV or uses the radio  - IMHO the power company needs to buy a bigger right of way and stop picking on the little guy for being smart enough to buy a big antenna :-)

Ok done squawking . . .

Bill

Rockn H

We discussed stealing power from transmission lines back in physics class.  A few of us took an electric fence line with insulators and ran about a hundred yards of it.  We were able to run a 100watt bulb off of it.  The reason it is considered stealing is that the loss in power along the transmission lines can be detected.

mometal77

Usually with runny any generator you loose so much horse power with belts from a pelton wheel to a generator best to have it in direct line motor to the generator.  If anyone has ever ran a boom truck or a crane near a high voltage line you can litterly feel the power on the metal quit interesting.  When my parents started out they just had cat batteries set up for a food grinder for me as a baby running a one inch line and a 60 watt light bulb now he has 25kw generator and  runs 190 psi with  up to 13000 watts of power  :D  :D still putting in pipe and doing up grading helping him out.  I would like to share pics if anyone is interested.  There isnt a lot on this topic on here. 
bobby
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Faron

I have had the stuffins shocked out of me while building electric fence next to a transmission line. :o >:( :D   (That's pretty much my reaction when that happens.)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Modat22

I once made instant coffee in the microwave and traveled back in time. Stephen Wright.

slowzuki

But understand putting a ball into a magnetic field requires energy, provided by you.  If the ball was at a stop when it started, you were holding the ball back in a magnetic spring, which is potential energy ;)

Quote from: Modat22 on November 07, 2005, 09:31:34 AM
I built the ramp as he has on the page. The ramp lifted the ball 12 mm up the ramp and ball broke away from the magnet field.

Note I said it lifted the ball up the ramp (from a complete stop).

It does work BTW, and a person can easily recreate the experiment. I'm not saying its creating energy, over time the ball itself will become magnetized and the process would halt.

Modat22

Yes I see your point, years ago when I was playing with this many folks where building and linking 4 ramps raising the ball 48 mm above the original resting level. Some folks where trying to close the loop to bring the ball back to the starting location. If that where done it should run until the ball became magnetized.

Fla._Deadheader

Mometal, Post them Pelton Wheel generator pics, and anything else ya have regarding Alt. Energy.  There IS interest here.  8) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

It's not so much the detecing the loss that's the problem, it's the extra load created.

If the transmission lines were able to be encased in some sort of shielding the EMF (electro magnetic field) created around the lines wouldn't be a problem. But in the open, the field is enough of a load to that it creates a loss.

The loss gets bigger if somebody does something like putting a coil under the lines creating a draw on that field.

If you stand directly under a transmission line during a period of heavy demand you can make a flourescent tube light up without even having any wires connected to it.  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Buzz-sawyer

Quote from: mometal77 on November 08, 2005, 02:20:43 AM
Usually with runny any generator you loose so much horse power with belts from a pelton wheel to a generator best to have it in direct line motor to the generator.  If anyone has ever ran a boom truck or a crane near a high voltage line you can litterly feel the power on the metal quit interesting.  When my parents started out they just had cat batteries set up for a food grinder for me as a baby running a one inch line and a 60 watt light bulb now he has 25kw generator and  runs 190 psi with  up to 13000 watts of power  :D  :D still putting in pipe and doing up grading helping him out.  I would like to share pics if anyone is interested.  There isnt a lot on this topic on here. 
bobby
Well,lets see em ;) :D
Do a search or two...we talk about this stuff all the time :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

AND, most members talk about us crazy free thinkers that want free power ??  What's wrong wit dat ?????????
   First, it is ridiculed;

Bill

So now I'm still wondering

If the utility has a right of way and you're tapping their line shame on you
but
if they're putting out a wave of energy "on your property" aren't they then trespassing when they cross the property line and shame on them ?

Seems to me they shouldn't get it both ways - either they buy a BIG right of way ( or easement or whatever )  or live with it.

Guess this is one of those things where you can't fight city hall :-(  as the utility probably got the "air" rights of way automatically when they got their charter to transmit power from the govt.

Oh well

Wouldn't it be good to come up with a sustainable, local, nearly free,  energy source - alcohol you say ?????

You could carry it in twelve oz cans for use when needed :-)

iain

How long do you want this perpetual motion machine to last?

iain

Buzz-sawyer

I have some propert that has high voltage lines through it....they hav a easement 20 foot I think......how could they claim a problem with a coil in a shed on your property.believe me those electro magnetic fields are hitting me  ALL the time...maybe thats the problem ::) ::) :o :o :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

If'n I give the meesus a coupla strong coffees, she comes awful close to being a 'perpetual motion' machine.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

mometal77

I had to give this out hope you like.. I looked for generator info on the forum and all i found was phase converters which keywords can i use..?? :D ;D
If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
> (Hardly seems worth it)
> If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced t create the energy of an atomic bomb.
> (Now that's more like it)
> Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

I once made instant coffee in the microwave and traveled back in time. Stephen Wright.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

woodbowl

Quote from: mometal77 on November 08, 2005, 02:20:43 AM
  When my parents started out they just had cat batteries set up for a food grinder for me as a baby running a one inch line and a 60 watt light bulb now he has 25kw generator and  runs 190 psi with  up to 13000 watts of power  still putting in pipe and doing up grading helping him out.  I would like to share pics if anyone is interested. 
There's energy everywhere it seems. Hey .......we're still waiting on those pics.  ;D ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah, It's one thing to not HAVE pics, BUT, when ya got 'em ya GOTTA show 'em. ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Paul_H

Quote from: mometal77 on November 09, 2005, 08:45:43 AM

> Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

So Bobby,how long do we have to beat our heads against the wall before you post those pics?   :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mometal77

I posted some to the gallery not from the plant here but from down the road.. When i do by friday i will also include a governer for a hydro plant that regulates the power in a home to appliances.. neat stuff.. by sat k fellas..
bobby

Fla._Deadheader

Once in the Gallery, it's easy to get 'em where we can readily see 'em.  ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!