iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The woodmizer sawed like a dream today

Started by Kedwards, November 05, 2005, 08:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kedwards

Unfortunately Freddy Kruegger was in a big poplar log  :D I fired up the LT40 today and sawed about 700 feet of nice 1x6x10' then the sound like a scalded cat emanated from the mill..I had struck a CERAMIC insulator.  I replaced the blade, chopped off the end all was well until a customer brought 2 logs to me 1 maple and 1 persimmon. I explained the process to him (keep in mind this is only the second time I have ran this machine) and told him if I hit metal its 25.00 for the blade. I struck a nice nail on the last board of the persimmon. 2 blades, 700 feet of poplar, 125 feet of the purtiest ambrosia maple I have ever seen and 1 customer happy with getting 2 logs sawn for 60.00(1 hour and 1 blade) I think I have been initiated into the woodmizer family. The Lucas mill will be a dedicated slabber for the bigguns as well as a backup mill.
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

Tom

That bandmill is the trick alright.  But, you won't regret having the Lucas either.  I've wished for one about 6 or 8 times a year.  :)

woodmills1

But insulators (or other tramps) aren't nice to either. :o :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kedwards

what blades do you guys use for your woodmizer that cuts Walnut, oak and cherry and what is the average Bf that is sawn with these blades?

Thanks guys!

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

Kirk_Allen

I use the WM double hards.  I have tried the 9 degree and 10 degree on all the species you mention and I think I have come to the conclusion the only time I will use my 9 degree blades is on white oak. 

Rockn H

I use a 9deg .45x1 1/4 wm blade for just about everything from SYP to Hickory and Pecan.

Thank You Sponsors!