iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Near Death Experience

Started by Robert R, November 04, 2005, 11:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert R

I was driving in to check out my next walnut site.  It is an area in the process of being prepared for a housing edition.  There are little yellow plastic tubes all over the place with an orange line running out from them.  I asked about them and was told it was blasting primers with the line going to the charge for breaking up the rock a couple foot under the surface.  They said they stomped them to ignite and the fuse went down the line to the charge a safe distance away.  I was also told that they were all expended and just trash left to be picked up.  I drove around a while and marked my trees.  On my way back to the truck, I saw one lying there and just for the heck of it, stomped like I was doing something (I know, I am a 5-year-old at heart).  Well, BOOOOM.  Apparently they missed one.  The blast wasn't that big and no where close to me.  I stepped off and drove out very carefully.  I am sooo glad I didn't have Molly and Ginger with me.  I don't think they would have seen the humor in it and now, a day and half later, might be beginning to slow down!!  I guess the rule about treating every gun as if it is loaded applies to blast primers as well.  Lesson learned.  Not a toy.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

treeboy

Hi Robert, wow glad your ok. I probably would have done the exact same thing you did.

Spencer

Thank You Sponsors!