iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are your winter project plans?

Started by Coon, November 03, 2005, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

WOW! Mur
That sounds like quite a procedure. Pray that all goes well with you and your Sis.

Care to tell us a bit about it? or prefer to keep it close to the chest, which I would certainly respect your wishes?

Hope you can keep on board with us during the 'down' time. 

Wish you well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

I got lotsa plans.  :)  But in reality I will probably be plowin' or shovelin' snow.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Dakota

Designing and building a support structure for a manual crane  to lift and turn the saw head on my Lucas.  I know, I know, I wouldn't have to do that if I'd bought a .......
Dakota
Dave Rinker

crtreedude

Now wait a minute Furby... Do I see a trip coming...  ???

Our plans for the "Winter" - this is our dry season so we do construction projects. The grass around the trees slow down a bit so we get a breather.

1. A new bodega for the tools, etc. If the hacienda is any indication, there may not be enough space on the finca for it.  The casa started small, and grew, and grew, and grew...

2. A couple of ponds need to be finished off.

3. Probably a LOT of sawing.

4. FISHING!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Furby

Been talking to Harold haven't you! ;)

crtreedude

Not in regards to you - are you planning on being smuggled in on his container... ?

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Would have to........... don't think I can handle the 8 weeks of isolation in a little bity cage with the rest of the animals. ::) ;D

crtreedude

Nope, no isolation of animals coming in. Just a clean bill of health BEFORE you leave. Surely you can get that?  ;)

Furby

crtreedude

Hey - if they will let a person in who swims with gators... I figure you are a shoe in.

Furby

Paschale

Quote from: crtreedude on November 05, 2005, 06:00:15 PM
I figure you are a shoe in.

A shoe might be all Furby could get in the country anyway...   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

maple flats

Mount new sap tank next to sugarhouse, finish putting wood into sugarhouse for next season (2006 maple season), do more TSI, add more pipeline for adding more taps, install another window in sugarhouse, make steam hood, check all tubing lines and repair, finish road across wet area, re-organize sugarhouse, repair road in to sugarhouse for visitors, cut firewood for '07 season and stack outdoors, check into running power to sugarhouse (sets alone), saw more lumber, buy more logs to saw, enjoy the weather! 8) 8) (winter is the third best season, following fall (1) and spring (2) ;D
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Tom

It's possible.   I've used some old handmade cant hooks of various designs  Most work pretty good.  :)

Coon

Wow!!!!  I didn't think that I would get this kind of response.  Keep them coming I like to see what all you great people are doing.   Lots of interesting ideas on this post.  Hmmmmm.  That cloning idear isn't toooooo bad of a thought.   Now just to build a cloning machine :D :o 8)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

You don't dare bring up much on  this forum and expect nothing from it.  :D :D

Coon

I should have known better oops :D ;D 8)

Tom

It hasn't got anything to do with anything but I keep reading the location you display on the left with your Userid as "Sis!, Catch yer wagon".   Must be something broke between my ears.  :-\

Coon

Well Tom,  I am actually not in Kelvington, Saskatchewan.  I am in Nut Mountain, Saskatchewan  where the mountains are all gone but the NUTS are still here. 8) 8) 8)

jon12345

Plans for this winter - improving mine and my cousin's 'maple syrup' operation,  this used to involve collecting sap around 3 pm friday afternoon, into a big bucket, bringing it to the fireplace in front of the lean-to our family built, then collected as much firewood as we could before it got dark, starting a fire under an old pot with all the sap in it, and try to keep the fire goin, had our tent set up inside the lean-to, with a tarp to form an awning off the front that we could drop down and cover the front of the lean to.  This usually resulted in us A) getting firewood in the dark B) getting totally soaked C)waking up freezing.  So, hopefully this year we can find a few more trees to tap, so far we are up to about 3 :D   

More specifically,  cut a bunch of wood so we aren't getting it in the dark, getting  a stove built so the rain/snow isn't knockin the fire down, and maybe getting a candy thermometer so we can make it the right way.

2nd goal for the winter is to do a lot of predator hunting to help pad my pockets (maybe even use some of that $$ to help fund my other useless 'hobby')

3rd is to find a job that I can tolerate (not the clock punchin type of guy)

4th but the most important, spend as much time as I can with my little boy, Jace
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

wiam

jon, a maple syrup hydrometer would be much mor accurate than a thermometer.

Will

jon12345

wiam, whatever I do will be an improvement to our sad excuse for maple syrup, but at least we try  ;D   I think I found a few more trees this year to use too. Would a gravity feed system work for getting the sap to a big storage container?  What type of container should sap be stored in until processing?
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Faron

Let's see.... Tomorrow I finish up harvest, then I need to rebuild my sawmill building- that should have been done in March.  I need to wean calves, got some field tile that should be laid, got some custom saw jobs that need done. Need to cut some hickories for a flooring job that needs done.  Got some rye to seed yet, waterways need rebuilt, and that creek needs some brush cut off it.  Got another flooring job to do.  Oh, you said WINTER plans- those need to all be done next week!  (Not going to happen!) :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Modat22

I really should clean up what I used to call "The computer room" which has become the junk room catch all.

I'm afraid (very afraid) to start but I look forward to finding tools that I haven't seen in 7 years.
remember man that thy are dust.

mometal77

I am not married but i know a lot of you are.  I thought it was called a honey to do list.. :D :D :) :)
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Thank You Sponsors!