iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wobbley tv

Started by iain, November 03, 2005, 04:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

A couple of years ago i did notice that mr tooth brush tasted a bit off but not enough to bother with

till io mentioned it in passing to linda

she then owned up to using it to scrub the taps and realising it was my new one just put it back in the pot and hoped for the best

moosehunter

Quote from: Bro. Noble on November 04, 2005, 10:34:08 AM
Our TV is old,  but I gave it a real good test, and brushing my teeth didn't seem to bother it.  It did make my wrist awful tired howsomever. ::)

Howsomever?????????? is that a word??
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bro. Noble

Quote from: moosehunter on November 04, 2005, 03:46:21 PM

Howsomever?????????? is that a word??

Absotively for shureintly ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

beenthere

Moosehunter
I didn't believe that howsomever either, but found (in the buckinghamshire dictionary) the following:

HOWEVER (pronounced 'a-wever). This word is very peculiarly and frequently used. It is not used much with the meaning "nevertheless," for which other phrases, such as "all the same," or "howsomever" are generally substituted, but nearly always with the meaning "at all events," "at least," "that is to say." "I bought that old 'oss for five pounds; four pounds nineteen, 'a-wever." "I went up to the medder this aater-noon; 'a-wever, I went as fur as the ge-at." "He might 'a-gin me a pint, 'a-wever." In this sentence the emphasis is on 'a-wever, giving it the meaning of "at the very least." "You ma'n't play in the ditch; you shan't 'a-wever." "Well, this is a unkid day, 'a-wever." Here, again, the emphasis is on 'a-wever, and the meaning "to be sure," "certainly." Miss Keating compares its use with that of "whatever" in Scotland.
HOWSOMEVER, however.

Amazing the things we can learn from Bro_Noble :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

You're all teched  :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jason_WI

The electric tooth brush is resonating your eyeball and allowing you to see the raster on the TV. Basically the electron beam in the TV that excites the phodphors in the grille of the CRT (tube) which projects the picture. I believe overseas your AC is at 50HZ and in the US it is 60 HZ.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Bro. Noble

Quote from: beenthere on November 04, 2005, 05:49:11 PM

Amazing the things we can learn from Bro_Noble :D :D

I don't see why that should surprise you-------I am after all, a natural member of the SOKIA and I hope that I'm not stepping over the line by revealing that I am a fairly high ranking official of said organization 8)

LIL

Anyone elses electric toothbrush make their nose tickle?
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Bro. Noble

Lil,

Heck no-----it really hurt >:(  It's a wonder it didn't give me a nosebleed---------wouldhave if my wife had caught me using her electric toothbrush that way :o :o

iain

Quote from: LIL on November 05, 2005, 05:10:14 AM
Anyone elses electric toothbrush make their nose tickle?

yes mine does-really irritating
Quote from: Bro. Noble on November 05, 2005, 09:47:01 AM
Lil,

Heck no-----it really hurt >:( It's a wonder it didn't give me a nosebleed---------wouldhave if my wife had caught me using her electric toothbrush that way :o :o

No I didn't know Iain was using my toothbrush but if you want to know about nose bleeds I'll tell you another Iain story that still creases me.

We were in town a few years ago when Tom was a baby and he needed feeding so we went to a friends shop and he let us use the upstairs room. Iain got bored (always an interesting time!) and in his pocket he had some  really (really!!) strong tiny magnets which he used to close the doors on some cupboards he was making. 
To entertain himself he pushed one of the magnets up his nose and put the other on the outside of his nose to make it look like he had a nose piercing, then decided to put one on the other side of his nostril.......... so he put another magnet up his nose and the one already in his nose slapped against the middle bit of his nose (the painful bit that separates the holes) which is when he started to panic and ask for help as he couldn't get them out.      I couldn't help as I was laughing too much, William who owned the shop came upstairs to see what was going on, he was laughing so much he was curled up on the floor holding his stomach.
Iain did get them out eventually and asked us not to tell anyone.............

Linda ::)

pigman

Some of my ancestors were from Great Britian. Maybe iain and I are kin to each other. At least we do similar things. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

iain

Ok since you all know now it was really painfull, as the only way to get them out was to take the skin with them

i think there maybe a Linda story or two coming up

iain

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Quartlow on November 04, 2005, 07:49:40 AM
Back in my CB radio days my radio used to come across the TV loud and clear,  ::) ::)

When I lived in Prince Rupert I could pick up the CB radio of the local cabbies on a particular AM radio frequency. The volume was very low, so you could hardly make out what they said. Come to think of it, some of them didn't speak english or french. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Please, don't anyone tell me no vaccum cleaner stories. My uncle told me one that a neighbor confessed to him. This forum being family oriented, would ban me into the stone age for reveiling that story. :D :D I never laughed so hard in my life. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Iain you now know the hazards of letting the Mrs's post on the FF. ;D

iain

Norm    i got to let er post or the big man gives her her own domain with full editorial control :o

moosehunter

Linda,
We would pay dearly for pics of that  :D
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!