iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need someone with a boomtruck in LEWISTON, ME

Started by neslrite, November 02, 2005, 03:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neslrite

LogRite tools has acquired a new machine form Ebay, and we need help loading it does anyone have or have connections to someone with a logtruck or boom truck near Lewiston, ME that could load the machine on our trailer. The machine only ways 2000lbs.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Murf

Kevin, in the past I have used a medium sized wrecker with good results for that sort of thing.

As long as there is somewhere to put a sling around it Ok, the wrecker drivers will just winch it straight up from the boom while you back the trailer under it.

The last time I had to do it, the guy charged me $20 bucks and he was there nearly an hour. He said the price would go up if a call came in while he was doing it, but that never happened.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Furby

Only 2000 pounds ???
A hi-lo, skidloader or even some tractors can handle that small amount, why the boom?

rebocardo

Many of the bigger wreckers in that area, because people drive off I-95 and into the woods during snow storms, have telescoping booms with a 30-50k winch at the end. I have watched the wreckers do everything with them including piggy backing one sold tractor (as in trailer) onto another for a drive down to Mexico. $20-$50 with those machines and you are done in 10 minutes.

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!