iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The winner of the Backwoods Girl Competition

Started by Pete J, October 31, 2005, 08:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

My friend Bucky works with the Girl that won this years contest. Here is the link to the Homer Times in Homer Spit Alaska.

LINK

Here is a blurb that was emailed to me.
"A Stihl chainsaw donated by Homer Saw and Cycle lured a crowd of hearty female contestants to the Backwoods Girl competition. Cheered on by other contestants and a throng of witnesses, Renee Limoge of Anchorage took the crown with her overall score earned by carrying a five-gallon bucket of water, hauling a wheelbarrow filled with soil, starting a fire and frying an egg. Not bad, considering she also had to care for a battery-operated baby-sized doll that cried the entire time."

Sprucegum

I don't see a ring on  her finger - better grab her  ;D

twoodward15

I have a bumper sticker that says 'Homer Alaska, a quaint drinking village with a fishing problem"   That place was awesome.  I loved it there.  Great place to fish.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

SwampDonkey

We used to go up to Hyder, where else can you get Hyderized and buy wool pants for $20 bucks? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Pete J

I thought that was great advice sprucegum and ran the idea by my wife. The doctor says this black-eye should heal up just fine in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

Deadwood

My sister is like that. A great girl but what you would call woods savy. She loves to hike, fish, ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and all manner of things woods like. Well she is a nice girl, but not very domesticated you would say, and since she is my sister, well I guess I am the only one that has the rights to say this, not the most beautiful woman in the world!

Well you guessed it. We never thought she would get married. All it took was her moving up to Alaska for a year. Found herself a man and got married. Of course they live in a 12 by 16 foot cabin with no running water or a phone. They live in a small town called Girdwood? Ever heard of it?

Just one word of advice. Don't have a heart attack up there. She is a cardiologist believe it or not. So if you are laying on a gourney up there a this young lady says "Dude, hows your heart," you can say, you must be Travis's sister?

Thank You Sponsors!