iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

End Sealing With Driveway Sealer.

Started by PawNature, October 31, 2005, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawNature

Please don't shake your head in disbelief or I will get self-conscious and never post agin.  :o
But I have a question? I have about 20 gal of driveway sealer. I would like opinions as to wheather this would do as an end sealer for logs.  I know you wouldn't  be able to see the end grain. But aside from that. What do you think.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

PawNature

Hey I got another little pinney tree. I feel like a man agin.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Ironwood

The new stuff is water based and stinks for the drive so why not try it. I would if you had some extra laying around. Anything to prevent moisture movement is better than nothing.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Tom

It would probaby work.  I would be a little concerned about
the mess that might be made later when the log is sawed.
You can alway chainsaw the end of the log and clean it up
if you think it will be too much of a mess.  'Course you would
have to seal the boards then. :)

etat

After  I had my 2 inch popular siding cut for my house i end sealed the boards with a water based roof coating that dries black and rubbery, not tar based, but made to recoat a tar and fiberglass built up roof.  Guessing it's about the same stuff as the asphalt driveway sealer. 

When I went to use the boards several months later the stuff was dry but every time i'd get close to it with my saw or lay a board on my new at the time Dewalt miter saw it would make a real mess of things that i'd later have to clean up.  I didn't think i'd ever get them coated ends cut off of them boards.

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!