iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kind of Funny?

Started by old3dogg, October 30, 2005, 05:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

I was heading out the door last evening to go grab some hot wings and a few cold ones when I hear breaks screeching and then a thump. A lady from Pittsburgh hit a doe in front of my house.
I walked out to the van and the lady gets out and says, "is that your animal?"
I say "I guess so. Its in my front yard."
She says, "You stupid country hicks should keep your dogs tied up!"
She jumps back in the van and drives off. ::)

I laughed the whole time I cleaned and cut up my free "DOG"! ;D
Didnt get any hots wing though!

crtreedude

Us country folk just don't know what to do, do we? I remember about 15 years ago someone hit a deer in the middle of the night in front of our house. We called the police and asked if we could claim it - he said sure. (It was about 2:00 AM in the morning and I am sure they didn't want to send anyone out!)

Anyway, we butchered it (a tender yearling - yumm!) before morning.

I remember this very well since it was our 10 anniversary! You know you got a good one when they will help you butcher a deer in the middle of the night on your 10th anniversary! Actually, I think it was her idea - she loves venison.  ::)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ironwood

Those "gems" can be found everywhere, especially in the "burbs". I had to convince some of my wife's co workers that the apples on their tree in the back yard ARE actually edible. WOW imagine that food that doesnt come from Giant Eagle (go figure) ::)

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Fla._Deadheader

::) ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

old3dogg

Who needs farmers when I can just go to the store? ::)

jerry-m

Several years ago a lady and her family from the Dallas Tx. metro plex area bought the abandoned farm next to us... There is an wedge shaped off set in a short section of the fence dividing  our propertry and hers... One day she approched my dad and said they she thought that the wedge shaped piece of land belonged to her and with out stopping in the same breath stated that she new it was hers because it had the same type of trees as was on her side ::) ::) ::) 

Yes mam, us country hicks (farmers) plant all the trees, bushes, vines, stickers, grass burrs, and everything else that grows on our farms ;) ;) ;)

A few years later she sold out and went back to the rat race :) :) :)

The off set is still there and I haven't heard from the new owners 8)  I will take the off set out and return it to that side if and whenever  I build a new fence...
Jerry

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Oh man, I can't stop laughing. Reid, I have met people like that too. I took an elk roast to some friends and he did it on the bbq. Boy, was it GOOD. She, a city raised girl, would not toiuch it because she knew it was wild. She has never knowingly eaten any meat products except beef, pork, or poultry. Their 12 year old had no problem with it, he is a bottomless pit,  but would have been like his mother had he known.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

old3dogg

I had to trick my daughter into eating deer meat. I told her it was just beef. After her third helping I told her that it was venison. Now she loves it. Her mother always told her that it was gross so she would never try it. I think a lot of people have that "poor little old bambi" attitude towards eating wild game.

Cows are cute too!!

Ernie_Edwards

I think you should have told her as how you saw her going too fast for that road you would have to call the cops cause she just killed your prize purebred deer dog, or you could settle it right then for a couple hundred dollars.

You don't have to have any sympathy for stupid people. Especially if they are rude.

I bet if the cop did come, if he could keep a straight face, he would recommend to the lady to just pay you and go back to the city.

SwampDonkey

I see (sometimes) mothers with kids curl their noses up at some vegetables at the stand, condemning them. The kid will grow up thinking that it's yuckie because momie didn't like it.  :-\ Didn't happen to me, because mother will eat anything. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

The 12 year old I mentioned earlier won't eat anything from a roadside stand because he is afraid it has not been properly processed. Oh yeah, so you feel beeter scarfing down all the preservatives?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

old3dogg

Quote from: Ernie_Edwards on October 30, 2005, 12:43:13 PM

I think you should have told her as how you saw her going too fast for that road you would have to call the cops cause she just killed your prize purebred deer dog, or you could settle it right then for a couple hundred dollars.

You don't have to have any sympathy for stupid people. Especially if they are rude.

I bet if the cop did come, if he could keep a straight face, he would recommend to the lady to just pay you and go back to the city.

The laugh and free meat was way worth more than 200 bucks to me

Paschale

My Great Uncle Wally was well known by the local state troopers as a guy they could call any day or night to come clean up a deer after an accident.  In their new house, he had a garden spigot put in near the drain in the basement so he could do the butchering and cleaning up in the comfort of his heated house.   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

That sounds like something my grandfather might try, if grandma would let him. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

old3dogg

I cleaned my free deer in the basement last night and finished up this morning after I got the wood burner going. It was a frosty 26 degrees here this morning.
Got up in the upper 50's today. Just had to have a deer steak on the grill!

crtreedude

Cows are NOT cute - calfs are.

Deer are cute - but taste really good too!

Don't you want you food to look good?! :D

old3dogg

Cute food??

Chile is pretty ugly but I eat it with no problem!

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ianab

We are with Pigman on this one  ;)

Some cows are just so cute that you have to run up to them and give them a HUG  ;D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

crtreedude

You all are starting to scare me...  :o

Actually Martin has a couple of oxen which are pretty neat. They are still young, only weigh about 400 kilos. He thinks they are cute. We are going to make a cart for them to haul visitors around the finca - they should really enjoy it.

We are also going to use them to haul logs in a couple more years. Better than heavy equipment.

Deadwood

I live in Maine, not far from the Coast which means we get a lot of tourists that are lost. I am more than glad to tell them how to get back to "civilization" as they call it. I simply say..."the shortest way to get to Belfast is...then proceed to tell them. Of course the key word there is shortest. I always forget to mention that it's not the way I would go as the shortest way is little more than a logging road in the summer and a snowmobile trail in the winter.

Deadwood

Soory for the double posts here, but I thought of another one.

I think the funniest nationally televised blooming idiotic city statement happened in the first few moments of the Waco Texas standoff quite a few years ago. Just as the flames started to erupt, this dumb city reporter actually stated...

Oh my God, the compound is now on fire and the fire fighters have no fire hydrants to put it out!

Hey lady, don't you think us country folks have already thought of that and truck our own water in tanker trucks!

Ianab

Reminds me of the difference between chicken and rabbit...

most people cant tell the difference in a stew, just one has more drumsticks and less wings  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Ianab on October 31, 2005, 06:19:24 AM
Reminds me of the difference between chicken and rabbit...

most people cant tell the difference in a stew, just one has more drumsticks and less wings  ::)

Mother cooked snowshoe hare for a thanks giving dinner and everyone thought it was chicken stew until she told the relatives. They were shocked.  :o :D

crtreedude

She should of said not to worry, she didn't kill it - it was road kill....  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!