Previous topic - Next topic

JP

I want to add pics to my album  without starting a post or a  reply

A: one pic ?
B: a hole bunch??
JP
Norwood lm2000,Newholland 30 hp tractor, log carrier/winch, log arch  JP

Jeff

Just click the "image archive" link above in the link bar. If you are logged into the forum, you will see a link on the gallery that says upload. You can upload several at once as long as they are less then 30k in file size, and 400 pixles or less in dimension.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

Jeff, you did you up the max file size for pics from 20 to 30k  ???

Jeff

Did I say 30? :o

Sometimes I just got my own little secrets. :D 

I still want everyone to keep the file size as low as possible. Preferably less then 20. There are just some instances, such as photos with lots of red, that its hard to get a low file size. I figured if I announced it was raised, people would stop trying to get the file size down, which is for the good of the forum, and simply say, well, thats good enough for me.  We currently have over 15,000 photos on the forums server.  The server only has a limited amount of storage space, just like your hard drive. Whe it gets full, performance suffers and you have to either get another drive, or start deleting old files. the latter is NOT an option I am willing to consider, so, by contiuing to do one's best in compressing photos, puts that day a little bit farther off where we have to "build on". :)

ohsoloco

This may call for an experiment  ;)

wiam

I usually take mine down as far as picture quality will allow.  Some as low as 13k.

Will

pigman

Quote from: wiam on October 27, 2005, 11:17:28 PM
I usually take mine down as far as picture quality will allow. Some as low as 13k.

Will
Thank you 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

THose 13k photos only takes Bob about 3 minutes to download over the wet string... ;)

wiam

Actually I do it so it will only take me 3 minutes to upload them. :)

Will

ohsoloco

I forget about this since I do all of mine over broadband  :-\  Someone is giving me a computer in the near future, but I don't know if I'll ever hook it up at my house.  I don't think I could handle dial-up  :P

pigman

Quote from: ohsoloco on October 28, 2005, 09:18:51 PM
I forget about this since I do all of mine over broadband  :-\  Someone is giving me a computer in the near future, but I don't know if I'll ever hook it up at my house.  I don't think I could handle dial-up  :P
Yes you could if posters would keep their pictures under 20k. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!