iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Von Ruden PTO Drive Chainsaw

Started by Roger in Ks, October 26, 2005, 11:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger in Ks

I was referred to this site. Hopefully I can get some help here. I have recently purchased a Von Ruden PTO driven chainsaw. It mounts on the back of a tractor and is driven by a short PTO shaft. It has a 6 ft. pivoting bar with a handle on the end. It appears to be a real man killer. It was made between 1947 and the early to mid 60's. The Von Ruden company still exists but they have been very little help. I am sure this was not a big selling item and the people that were around when it was made are long gone. I am looking for any info - sales literature, parts manuals ???  I would like to find a spare chain also. Not sure of the number on it, I am soaking it and will clean it off in the next day or two. The chain has two cutting edges per tooth instead of the normal one tooth. It must make a cut about 1/2 inch wide. Thanks in advance for any help. 

sawguy21

Can you post some pictures. That sounds like a really neat setup.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bitternut

Yeah, I agree with sawguy. Lets see some pictures of that apparatus. Sounds like something we would all like to get a look at. I bet that saw is all OSHA approved too.

woodbowl

Pics, Pics, Pics, ..............show us some pics!  We like pics!
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Chris J

As I recall, someone here posted some photos of some neat & unusual old saw attachments. Maybe it was Jeff B.?  Would love to see some photos of the one you're describing.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Roger in Ks

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will get one on here. I have it all apart at the present time trying to clean it up and put new bearings in it. It is not much to look at. Fairly simple saw really.  It is missing the upright holder but it can be made.

Thank You Sponsors!