iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone used a Woodbug chainsaw mill ?

Started by Jimbob, October 25, 2005, 12:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Got the video on the Woodbug mill. Seems like a neat design, especially for compensating for the 'tension' on small dia. logs.
Has anyone used a Woodbug?

Tom

Welcome to the Forum, Jimbob. 

No, I don't mill with a chainsaw, but we have folks who do.  Kevin, an administrator, has done a bit of it.   He has pictures of his operation, before he got the bandsaw mill, on his website.

Robert R

I asked the same question about a year ago.  Didn't get a lot of response.  I think the woodbug looks great but is relatively unkown.  I still haven't bought one.  I haven't decided if the price difference between it and some of the others is warranted.  You can get the Alaskan a lot cheaper.  Maybe the woodbug is worth the difference, especially for a beginner such as myself.  I just haven't been able to decide and so I haven't done anything yet.  And I took the advice that you can get an awful lot of lumber sawn by someone else on a band mill for the price of buying a chainsaw mill--but I still want one, I just like to do stuff myself.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Kevin

It isn't as portable as the Alaskan but it looks like it should cut wood.
The tip of the bar rides in a track so it should be more accurate than a mini mill or similar type bar mill.
Sawdust in the track might be a problem, I can't say for sure.

QuoteThe Woodbug mills comes in two sizes: Woodbug up to 20" diameter logs, and the Baby Bug up to 11" diameter logs.

This would be a problem for me.

scottr

Jimbob , sawdust a member of this forum built his woodbug type chainsaw mill . He has the pictures in his gallery .   Scott

oldsaw

But, you can't beat "rolling your own".

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Thank You Sponsors!